X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

zen-fire on NT7

Hi NT experts,

I see zen-fire web only indicates zen-fire to be used with NT 6.5.

Can NT 7 be connected to zen-fire also?

Yes, you can.

Comment

I am able to connect the 32 bit version of NT to zenfire through Mirus brokerage, and yes I do pay for NinjaTrader. However, when I try to use the 64 bit version of NinjaTrader, I get an error saying that zenfire is not supported in 64 bit. I am using windows 7 pro 64 bit, thankfully its able to connect to 32 bit applications.

However, I thought the whole point of upgrading to NT 7 was so that I could run a fast stable 64 bit operation not 32. I will also start this as a separate topic.

Originally posted by grkbear View Post
      Yes, you can.

Comment

islandwizard,

Zen-Fire adapter currently does not support 64-bit. Please see here for the adapters that do support 64-bit: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ad.php?t=22484
        Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

So are you suggesting that I should drop Mirus futures and use NT to connect to through my Interactive Brokerage if I want to trade futures, or are there plans to support zenfire64?

Also, how would I connect NT 7 to Interactive Brokers, or do I need to call them with that question?

Thanks

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Josh View Post
          islandwizard,

Zen-Fire adapter currently does not support 64-bit. Please see here for the adapters that do support 64-bit: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ad.php?t=22484

Comment

Originally posted by islandwizard View Post
            So are you suggesting that I should drop Mirus futures and use NT to connect to through my Interactive Brokerage if I want to trade futures, or are there plans to support zenfire64?

Also, how would I connect NT 7 to Interactive Brokers, or do I need to call them with that question?

Thanks
            Absolutely we are NOT suggesting you drop Mirus Futures. Yes, we have plans to support 64-bit Zen-Fire once the underlying technology used by Zen-Fire supports 64-bit. The ball is not in our court on this. The following Connection Guide for Interactive Brokers will guide you through setting up a connection for NT7.

RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Ray View Post
              Yes, we have plans to support 64-bit Zen-Fire once the underlying technology used by Zen-Fire supports 64-bit. The ball is not in our court on this.
              Ray,

We don't have much choice but to wait for this, but isn't it the case that the ball is largely in your court on this?

regards
              Dave

Comment

Dave,

No, the underlying technology of Zen-Fire itself needs to support 64-bit before we can create an adapter to support it in NT. NinjaTrader is not in control of this underlying technology.
                Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Josh View Post
                  Dave,

No, the underlying technology of Zen-Fire itself needs to support 64-bit before we can do create an adapter to support it in NT. NinjaTrader is not in control of this underlying technology.
                  What I really don't understand is why so many NT staff are under this impression and keep putting out this line. As far as I know, and please correct me if I'm wrong, Zen Fire's new API already supports 64 bit, and NT needs to recode its own adapter to work with the new 64 bit API.

Comment

Originally posted by dave1992 View Post
                    What I really don't understand is why so many NT staff are under this impression and keep putting out this line. As far as I know, and please correct me if I'm wrong, Zen Fire's new API already supports 64 bit, and NT needs to recode its own adapter to work with the new 64 bit API.
                    NinjaTrader does not write to the Zen-Fire API, we write one layer below the Zen-Fire API and this technology currently does not have 64-bit support.

Comment

Hi Ray,

Thanks for the reply. Are you saying you've decided not to code to the new API, and you know that Zen Fire will be coding a 64 bit version of their old lower level API?

regards
                      Dave

Comment

Hi Ray,

Thanks for the reply. Are you saying you've decided not to code to the new API, and you know that Zen Fire will be coding a 64 bit version of their old lower level API?

regards
                        Dave
                        What I am saying is -

- The API we write to (which is not the Zen-Fire API) only supports 32-bit
                        - This API has in development a 64-bit .NET API --> It's not production ready at this time
                        - We are awaiting updated documentation from Zen-Fire on their API
                        - This gives us two possible options to provide 64-bit connectivity to Zen-Fire
                        - Once both of these two options are production ready, we will then discuss this with Zen-Fire to determine the best approach for our mutual users

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Ray View Post
                          What I am saying is -

- The API we write to (which is not the Zen-Fire API) only supports 32-bit
                          - This API has in development a 64-bit .NET API --> It's not production ready at this time
                          As far as I know, this API is production ready, 64 bit, and is being used live elsewhere, and Ninja are waiting until Beta testing finishes before testing with this new API (or the new higher level API)

Comment

As far as I know, this API is production ready, 64 bit, and is being used live elsewhere, and Ninja are waiting until Beta testing finishes before testing with this new API (or the new higher level API)
                            What is correct is that my technical contacts that I have a tight relationship with and been working with for five years says otherwise.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by lorem, 04-25-2024, 09:18 AM
                            8 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post lorem
                            by lorem

Started by junkone, Today, 02:19 PM
                            3 responses