Bid/Ask-price in chart window

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bid/Ask-price in chart window

I'm looking for a way to display the bid and ask - preferable as a line - in the main chart window. There was a small indicator for NT 6.5 called "Show Bid/Ask", but it isn't working in NT 7 any more. Is there any other way to get the bid/ask-data into an chart?

Hello moon_121,

Thank you for your post.

Unfortunately, I am not aware of a similar indicator for NinjaTrader 7. With that said, it would be possible to convert this indicator for use with version 7 but custom programming would be required.

If you are not a programmer, any of the NinjaScript consultants listed at the following link could code this project for you: http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/pa...injaScript.htm
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Edited Indicator

I tweaked the original ShowBidAsk indicator. Now it works with NT7 and displays two long lines to show the bid/ask level. You will find the adapted indicator under the name of "ShowBidAskNT7".
      Perhaps somebody with more programming skills can add the possibility to modify the line length, color and stile.
      Attached Files

Comment

Bid/Ask Indicator Tweaked

I tweaked the Bid/Ask indicator to my preferences. I shortened the horizontal lines to five bars; the lines are wider and dashes vs. solid lines; I removed the values for bid and ask as they are displayed in chart trader and now only display the spread; the text was moved from the right top to the top left. You can easily tweak the cs file to tweak further to your preferences. There are two versions. One for white chart backgrounds and another for black backgrounds.
        Attached Files

Comment

v2

Hi All
          Just added configurable colors,line length,thickness and the start and end points for your lines.
          Enjoy.

PS NT7 ONLY - 6.5 can't plot into the future. Also I kept the same indicator name so this will OVERWRITE your original.
          Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the update! Since I'm new to scripting NinjaTrader indicators, this will give me a good example to refer to when developing some indicators that I have in mind.

Comment

CatMan,

I have something very similar to what you're looking for on my site. Its called the LogikMark.

Please email me if you have any questions.
              mrlogik
              NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Purelogik Trading

Comment

Thanks for your efforts guys! (spent 2 hours expecting to find it within NT7)

Comment

Originally posted by Mindset View Post
                  Hi All
                  Just added configurable colors,line length,thickness and the start and end points for your lines.
                  Enjoy.

PS NT7 ONLY - 6.5 can't plot into the future. Also I kept the same indicator name so this will OVERWRITE your original.
                  Hi Mindset...!

Like your ShowBidAsk indicator....but am curious...at the top of the chart it shows ..."Color [Lime] Color[Red}False,-66-112....in addition to the necessary basic info on the indicator and chart...is there a way to eliminate the Color [Lime] Color[Red}False,-66-112....??

It is taking up a lot of space at the chart top and do not need to see specific formatting info there...screen shot below...

Thanks..!
                  Attached Files

Comment

BidAsk

Not sure this is my indicator but anyway.... Actually I checked and it is - too much code!!!
                    You can add the following method to the code which determines what goes on top of your chart - I have left it blank but you can put anything you want.

public override string ToString()
                    {
                    return " ";
                    }

ps don't add in OnBarUpdate.

Also see here.
                    Last edited by Mindset; 03-15-2011, 09:32 AM.

Comment

New version

Here is a version with a blank label.
                      I hadn't realised that the BidAsk Spread is static text - you could make it moveable if you had the time or simply go into the code and change TopLeft to what ever area you prefer. eg TopRight.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Thank you Mindset...!

Comment

A family member turned me on to NT and this forum, Great Stuff here.

As my first post and request, for this ShowBidAsk indicator, is there anyway that the prices of the Bid & Ask be visible on the right Y-axis?

I have the "PriceMarkers" set to TRUE, but still does not show up.

PS, I am not a coder

Thanks again, glad to be here in the NT forum!

Comment

Old thread but I'm having the same issues as well. Can't seem to get the price markers to show no matter what settings I tweaked.

Using a Windows 10 Pro x64 PC loaded with the latest version of Ninjatrader as of this post.

Cheers!

Comment

Hello alphaboyz,

I experience the same on my end when I test this indicator. Unfortunately it seems it cannot display the bid and ask prices as price markers, only as lines.
                              JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
                              47 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post aligator  
                              Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes