|05-07-2010, 12:03 PM||#1|
Join Date: Jul 2008
Thanked 0 times in 0 posts
Working with many strategies at once
Running NT7 beta 15 64-bit...
I am testing variations of a strategy that only work during live trading, don't work with backtesting or replay.
I have 43 subtle variations that I am testing accross 6 to 10 charts (data series), so I am running between 200 and 300 strategies at once.
1) It takes me about 7 or 8 minutes to start all the strategies... is there a way to start them all at once?
2) At some point along the way, I clicked at the top of the strategy page and now the strategies are sorted. When I am starting strategies, the lines change position each time one is enabled, so it's not straightforward anymore to just click in sequence from top to bottom -- very disorienting. It used to list the strategies in the order I selected them in the charts, and they would not change position in the list while I was enabling them.
3) If there is a brief connectivity issue, a popup message appears for each enabled strategy to tell me that the connection was lost but that the strategy will continue to run. To clear the messages, I have to click OK between 200 and 300 times. Can this feature be disabled or modified?
4) What is the recommended maximum number of simultaneously running strategies. I know I must be over the limit. I had to back off a little yesterday and this morning, but right now it's chugging along nicely with 200 enabled. Yesterday I had about 300, but it slowly ground to a halt. I'm running a Core i7 quad-core with hyperthreading, 2.67Ghz X 4 with 6GB of memory.
|05-07-2010, 12:45 PM||#2|
NinjaTrader Customer Service
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Denver, CO
Thanked 134 times in 134 posts
Thank you for your post.
1. You may enable all Strategies within the Strategies tab by hitting Ctrl + A to select all then right mouse clicking within the window and selecting Enable.
2. When adding strategies they will automatically be sorted in alphabetical order by the strategies name.
3. Unfortunately this option is not available at this time within NinjaTrader however, I will forward this to our development team for future considerations.
4. No I am not aware of a limit to the number of strategies you may run at one time. This will vary from user to user and the PC that is being used.
Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
NinjaTrader Customer Service
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|NT7B9 Immediately submit live working historical orders not working properly||oclop||Version 7 Beta General Questions & Bug Reports||2||02-22-2010 07:22 AM|
|Error loading strategies in control panel strategies tab using NT7 rev 7||AlexJetski||Version 7 Beta General Questions & Bug Reports||2||02-01-2010 12:35 PM|
|NS Strategies and ATM Strategies||bigtrade5||ATM Strategies (Discretionary Trading)||4||05-09-2008 08:35 AM|
|Clearing old strategies from the strategies tab?||mazachan||Miscellaneous Support||1||07-10-2007 06:10 PM|
|Limit Position Strategies displayed in Combo Box & Inactive Strategies||signals||Suggestions And Feedback||4||04-10-2005 12:02 PM|