X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RDN just started working again.

Comment

Hello Bertrand,

I am not sure what to say. The ask and the bid seem to behave just fine, it is only the last price that is mis-behaving.

POZN just finished hanging up. It lasted about 2 minutes - after the big move at 15:08:51.

I have all the instruments that I have added at US RTH with either NASDAQ or NYSE listed as the exchange - as appropriate. I have not edited any since I added them a couple of days ago.

Are you saying that I should update all the instruments as you suggested? I don't mind doing this if it will help, but I am not convinced that it will. ANR, RDN, POZN are all fine now and nothing has been changed. And all of the ask/bid stayed current from what I could tell.

This has happened to numerous instruments (I only use US equities). Let me know and I will start over with the database after the market closes today. I have been only using the IB data feed today (particularly annoying with the constant pace warning popping up all the time). I think there are maybe 40 instruments in the MA with 3 charts.

Comment

Thanks for detailed backreport, appreciate you taking the time to test.

I'll keep an eye on those symbols again you mentioned today, however please also set them up as per my prior post (perhaps take 3 of those where you saw issues) and ensure to move them with the 'default' selected to your instrument list and then choose them from there as you add them to charts, MA etc, then recheck the 'last' issues you had.

Thanks for your support and patience on this.
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the help Bertrand.

I am not at all convinced that this will occur on these instruments today, but I will try to watch for it to happen.

Did you see the attchement on post #28? several one minute ticks with no price movement.

I restarted NT and I checked the historical tick before I re-connected. The data appeared fine - and the chart reflected price movement.

When the 'Last' price stalls, it stalls in MA as well - it is not just the chart.

If you want I can send you the full instrument list that I intend to use today (54 instruments, I erased the old DB and started from scratch, imported using the 24/7 and correct exchange). If you maintain an IB connection from market open, and something comes to my attention and I let you know, you should be able to notice the same problem?

Comment

First noticed it on VECO this morning. See attached.

I lost a lot of money on paper lol. There is no way I can trade live like this.
            Attached Files

Comment

Everything else seems to be working - ask/bid are updating, bar timer is running along. But last price on chart and MA are frozen. Been about 5 minutes now.

Comment

I just noticed it on MEE as well. This screen shot has the historical data manager open. NOtcie also that the ask/bid are correct.

Please help me!!!

I love NT's chart trader interface. Suits my trading style very well. But I can't handle this.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Day Trading Fool; 04-30-2010, 09:02 AM. Reason: Forgot the attachment

Comment

RAWR!!

I think I may have figured this out... MEE quit updating about 2 minutes ago - but the price jump was something like -$0.30 - which is above the bad tick filter setting of 0.1%.... maybe this is what was happening...

I have the bad tick filter shut off and will keep you posted.

Comment

Good spot, should've thought of asking you this - please keep me posted on it. So far all good here for me...also: would it be any different in your setup on regular minute charts? So we could rule out bars type issues in case it should persist.

Thanks
                    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Just an update - things went off without a hiccup this afternoon. !! =) I suspect Monday morning will be the real test. Thanks for the help!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by Skifree, Yesterday, 11:38 PM
                      1 response
                      0 likes
                      Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH  
                      Started by Mathias79, Today, 10:38 AM
                      6 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton