Chart not updating correctly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chart not updating correctly

Weird and troublesome. Cost me a few bucks this morning.

I am running and recording live data from IB via an MA. I was flipping thru the instruments and found what I thought was a nice entry on UAUA. I entered the position and things did not go as expected. Watching the price action in TWS, I started noticing a discrepancy between what was displayed on the chart and TWS. I flipped to the MA and it matched TWS. I quickly pulled up the TWS chart and found a major discrepancy between from what NT was showing. I checked TDA's SD and found that it matched TWS.

So NT was off. Over several bars. I would not have entered the position if I had been looking at the correct information.

I do not have a historical connection setup, but NT was connected to IB since 5:30 a.m. PT. See attached for chart comparisons.

?????
    Attached Files

Update:

This is happening right now on FTBK. MA is updating the price, chart price action is frozen showing no change. Chart trader is showing change in price.

Very disturbing...

Comment

Day Trading Fool , is this on latest NT7 beta 14 combined with TWS 900.6?

Which session templates are you using on the MA and the charts? Are those the same?
      BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I am using build 903.7 from March 22, 2010.

Happening on USG as well.

Comment

Day Trading Fool, please test with the recommended and supported TWS build 900.6 - http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/su...ivebrokers.htm

Also please add which session templates you have applied on the chart and MA in your testing.

Thanks

Comment

Hmm.... so I should not be using the most recent TWS? Not sure if i can download archived versions but I will check.

I switched to the 32 bit version so i could use TDA for historical. This was still happening on USG.

While I was waiting for a reply, I closed out NT and used the automatice update version of TWS. I am using version 904.7 now and things are displaying correctly.

I checked the sessions - charts were on use instrument (which are all set to US RTH), and the MA was set to US RTH

Comment

Ok, thanks for confirming the sessions, glad to hear it's working for you know, however we advise to use the version we outline as recommend in the connection guides (where the 900.6 can still be downloaded from our servers).

Comment

Ok - using 900.6 the Last Price in Market analyzer does not update. Sometimes it was way behind. Ask and bid seemed to be updating correctly.

Comment

Bid and ask would update as they change. Last updates when you actually get an event for the last prices. If you see a last print in T&S you should see the same in the Market Analyzer. Please clarify what exactly you are comparing to? Last vs bid/ask would not be an apples to apples comparison since they can update independently of each other.
                  Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Yes - I am aware that bid/ask may not correspond with last. What brought it to my attention is that bid and ask were changing, and last was not. I then double checked the info in TWS and TDA and noted the discrepancy. At times it was way way off.

Maybe this was a problem with IB or the TWS/NT interface. I had been using the latest version of TWS until later in the day (somehow I expected NT to be compatible with the latest and greatest TWS). I will give it a go tomorrow and see what happens.

Comment

Looking at ftbk at the moment.

Chart last is not moving. Last price on MA is not moving. I am showing 5.84

TDA and IB both show last at 6.10.

Ask and Bid are moving everywhere.

Now - as I typed this - NT's last updated to 6.10 with 'real' last at 6.03

This is crazy. And troublesome.

Comment

Day Trading Fool, sorry for the late reply - we're looking into matters and let you know shortly.

Comment

Which exchange(s) were you using for the symbol Day Trading Fool? We tested on default and could not see the discrepancies you were referring to. Can you please the instrument setup you're using? Thanks

Comment

Looking at TNA - Last in NT chart and MA is way off.

Comment

Day Trading Fool,

Can you please provide the session template used on the chart and the instrument setup in the Instrument Manager? Thank you.
                              Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Damocoleman, 03-30-2022, 09:49 AM
                              17 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Mykro
                              by Mykro

Started by junkone, Yesterday, 02:19 PM
                              5 responses