Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't have CAC40 05-10 in a NT 7 Beta 14 Strategy

Hello,

The April CAC 40 (Monep) Contract expires today. in Ninja trader beta 14 I've tried to launch a strategy on the CAC40 05-10 (Monep) and I have the following error message in the LOG panel

Error Validating request : '-cc' ServervalidateError

The Strategy is showing as started in the Strategy panel, but it is not working (I print some comments every 5 minute,and nothing apears in the output window).
    The same strategy was working properly on the CAC40 04-10 contract.

The Ninja beta 14 is Connected to Interactive Brokers.
    The CAC40 05-10 chart is displayed corrrectly.

I've launched the same strategy with Ninja Trader 6.5 on the CAC40 05-10 (Monep) and it works fine (no error message and printing works).

Any other NT 7 Beta 14 user having the same issue with the CAC40 05-10 Contract?

Jean-Marc, unfortunately I could not reproduce here - are you using TWS 900.6 with the latest beta? Do you get the same error when starting our SampleMACrossOver one?

Are you starting those directly from the charts or tab?
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
      Jean-Marc, unfortunately I could not reproduce here - are you using TWS 900.6 with the latest beta? Do you get the same error when starting our SampleMACrossOver one?

Are you starting those directly from the charts or tab?
      Hi bertrand,

I've found the issue. It comes from the fact that by default, The CAC40 Future Instrument is associated with Monep and Matif Exchanges (both are checked). If you leave this as is: Even if you choose Monep when you add a new contract for this future in the instrument list, strategies won't work. (Charts will)

I unchecked Matif from the markets associated with the CAC40 Future, re created the CAC40 05-10 in the instrument list and it worked fine.

As other users may fall into this issue, I'd suggest unchecking Matif and leave only the Monep Exchange by default for the CAC 40 future instrument in your distribution.

Thanks for your help.

Regards.

JM

Comment

JM, thanks for reporting back to us here - great this works for you.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
          JM, thanks for reporting back to us here - great this works for you.
          You are welcome. We all appreciate the efforts the Ninja Trader team puts on technical support. I've worked in big software companies, and to be honnest, I had never seen such a strong commitment to excellence before.

That's the reason why I strongly believe that Ninja Trader will become The Leading Trading and Strategy Development Platform in the coming years (if not already ;-))

In my opinion, the existing set of features and the choice you've made for the open C# Language makes Ninja Trader far superior to almost all the other affordable platforms we had considered 2 years ago, when starting our company.

I don't regret the choice of Ninja Trader we've made for developping and operating auto-trading strategies.

Best.

Jean-Marc Molina.
          Founder and CEO
          IT-LYSE.

Comment

Jean-Marc, we thank you for sharing those kind words, much appreciated!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by ageeholdings, 05-04-2024, 03:21 PM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
            Started by claxxical, 05-30-2017, 12:30 PM
            39 responses
            0 likes