Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

data export script for NT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does the ExportData script work on indicators and different time frames? Being able to export off the chart saves me tons of work in Excel.

Comment

Hello,

The current script does not export indicator values. However this could be added if you are a programmer.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

I am using this script to export Daily data (connected to Yahoo) however, it doesn't pickup the last bar on the chart. I am using NT 7 v.19 & using the US Equity RTH session template.

Is there some other configuration I should be using?

(script attached)

Thank you in advance...
        Attached Files
        Last edited by plusticbid; 08-01-2010, 02:52 PM.

Comment

Does anyone else experience this same issue when using this export script?

Comment

I have downloaded and installed the export data strategy in Ninjatrader 7. I tried to enable the strategy but i cannot do it. When i access again strategies, it is disabled.

Has anybody use the strategy with NT7?

Comment

Guys I've made a ton of changes to that script since I first posted it. New zip file attached. Here is the Change Log. Enjoy.

// 26 September 2010 ver 3.11 Added some error checks
              // 24 October 2010: ver 3.2 Fixed bug where spaces in path names would throw an exception, added better exception handling, added
              // Print statements in OnStartUp() and OnTermination().
              // 30 Novemver 2010: ver 3.21 Added notes of how to manipulate DateTime output and how to export indicator values
              // 2 December 2010: ver 3.30 Added DateTime enums
              // 15 December 2010: ver 3.31 Minor bug fix where Open[0] data was not being output.
              // 15 December 2010: ver 3.32 Added more Print statements on exception in OnStartUp()
              // 28 January 2010: ver 3.33 No code changes. Adding some TODO items for consideration.
              // 14 February 2011 ver 3.34 Replace leading '^' in Index file names to 'i'
              // 24 February 2011 ver 3.35 Added FirstRowIsColumnNames functionality, and general refactor.
              // 13 March 2011 ver 3.36b Test if leading '$' in file name is a problem
              // 14 March 2011 ver 3.37 Adds '$' to characters not used in Filenames and some code comments reflecting that
              // 27 March 2011 ver 3.38 Adds FileInfo.Exists logic for a feature and a bug fix. OnStartUp() will now print
              // if it is CREATING file at: <filename> or APPENDING file at: <filename>.
              // It will also ONLY print FirstRowIsColumnNames if !FileInfo.Exists i.e. it won't print
              // column names when appending an existing file.
              // 27 March 2011 ver 3.39 Minor refactor.
              // 10 April 2010 ver 3.40 Add TimeAndSales output option, new examples in CustomCode1 and 2 for outputting both
              // indicator values and trade state logic.

// FEATURE IDEA Add option to output to a zip file using .NET zip?
              // FEATURE IDEA Change default filename to add DateTime? yyyyMMdd?
              // FEATURE IDEA Add or test support for MTF?
              // FEATURE IDEA Overwrite only, don't append output files as appending is not really appending?
              Attached Files

Comment

Natively you can export data in NinjaTrader format only. However you can make an indicator with custom format. You can modify this forum member contributed code as per your needs http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum/showthread.php?t=27942&highlight=export+dat
                Sincerely,
                Joydeep
                NinjaTrader Customer Service
                Hello, I was recommend to this thread by Joydeep.
                I have a similar issue to what Plusticbid describes in post #1
                I would like to export the daily commodity data from NT into a folder and create a historical data file so that I will be able to access this folder off line for analysis. If possible I would like to down load a basket of commodities, then have the ability to access them with either my Ninja Trader software or my Tradestation software.
                Mxasj was kind enough to offer a strategy in post #3 which I am assuming accomplishes this and he later revised it in post #21, but I am not a programmer and since there is no clear instructions I am not sure what the correct procedure is to implement MXASJ strategy. Any help from anyone would be highly appreciated.
                Last edited by SineWaveTrader; 02-21-2012, 08:13 PM.

Comment

Someone could help me in removing imported script? A script with a vendor licensing. I tried to remove it in remove exported script in the control center but when it is still showing when I tried to view it in chart. I mean I want to completely remove the exported script. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by luxurious_04 View Post
                    Someone could help me in removing imported script? A script with a vendor licensing. I tried to remove it in remove exported script in the control center but when it is still showing when I tried to view it in chart. I mean I want to completely remove the exported script. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.
                    Restart NT after removing an assembly. Not always necessary, but often enough that I do it by rote.

Comment

I already did that. I used remove assembly script then restart ninja but still it doesn't work. The obfuscated system still there. Any other ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by luxurious_04 View Post
                        I already did that. I used remove assembly script then restart ninja but still it doesn't work. The obfuscated system still there. Any other ideas?
                        If all else fails, one can always use the sledgehammer approach that I describe in this thread?

http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...03756#poststop

Comment

First, I want to say thanks for posting this wonderful script. It really is a God-send.

As others have mentioned, I too would be interested in seeing this script export indicator values as well. I suppose I could program Excel to generate the indicator values, but I believe that introduces the risk of having excel calculate the math (even if slightly) differently than NT, which would make the conclusions drawn from said spreadsheet useless.

With that said, not asking that anyone do any work for me, but what would the structure of that solution look like? Would it take alot of tampering with the existing code posted, or is it a completely different ball of wax?

EDIT: I see you added the lines to indicators at will, and got it working. Mil gracias; this is awesome
                          Last edited by outstretchedarm; 07-31-2013, 03:32 PM.

Comment

Download Recent Bar

First off, thanks for a sweet script. I am currently using it but having trouble downloading the same day data. I should correct that statement, I am exporting daily bars and it is missing the most recent bar. I have tried changing some of the input criteria, including max bars to calculate (0,1-20) but can't seem to get it to download the most recent bar. Can someone help me to download the most recent bar? (i.e. today)

Comment

Hello wallabee13,

Thank you for your post.

Do you have the most recent daily bar on your charts in NinjaTrader? Who do you connect to for data? Kinetick EOD Free?

Comment

Thanks Patrick. Yes, I am using Kinetick and the final bar is the one that is missing, whether it's today or day before. The bar does show up on chart and it doesn't export. I've tried from the chart and strategy analyzer.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by josh18955, 03-25-2023, 11:16 AM
                                6 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post Delerium  
                                Started by FAQtrader, Today, 03:35 PM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post FAQtrader