Stocks and Instrument Manger Default exchange issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stocks and Instrument Manger Default exchange issue

I am having the following issue when using my IB connection on NT7.

When a symbol is created on the fly it checks marks DEFAULT in the instrument manager exchange list. It did the same for 6.5. The difference between 6.5 and 7.0 is that 7.0 is constantly wanting an additional exchange added, where 6.5 never does require an additional exchange checked, it just retrieves the data. See the attached errors I get when I type in a symbol. It makes NT7 somewhat unfriendly with stocks.

This does not happen when using my Barchart feed. It goes and pulls the data without the add exchange error.
    Attached Files

Hello TraderJesse,

Thank you for your post.

Unfortunately, this is expected behavior currently - an additional exchange must be assigned for these instruments to function as expected.

I will, of course, forward your comments on to my development team for further consideration.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Please add a full import/export function to the instrument manager that would help greatly to exchange such lists as well

Comment

Please, i want too one option to easy export & import list into instrument manager.

Thanks

Comment

You guys can import stock lists through File>Utilities>Import Stock Symbol list.
          Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Josh,

As far as I know this is very basic import only the symbol list. Or is there a way I could add the name, currency, exchange Mappings to the different brokers etc to it as well?

Wessel

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Josh View Post
            You guys can import stock lists through File>Utilities>Import Stock Symbol list.

Comment

Unfortunately not. Thanks for the suggestion.
              Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Having Problem With The Output Screen in Strategy Analyzer

When I run my backtest101, I'm gettting different Close[0], Close[1] displays that do not correspond with my Entry price and Exit price and the Print was just before the
                EnterLong and EnterShort. Has the data base or data feed screwed up somehow?

I've been debating switching over to 7.0. It's faster and more efficient. Does 7.0 have
                backtesting problems like this? Also, some enhancements you can make to the output window Wordpad or Notepad++2 or some kind of import function into these. I
                do alot of prints to trace my strategy development and need a "Find" option real bad.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Converting 6.5 to 7.0

When I convert to NT 7.0, do the 6.5 indicators and strategys convert over automatically? Or do I have to import all the other indicators I've gotten off the web individually? I've got alot I've added. How about my strategys? Does it wipe out my strategys that I've been working on? Does it automatically convert my strategys from
                  6.5 to 7.0. Are there seperate copies of 6.5 and 7.0 NinjaTrader or is there only one.
                  I'm asking what pain and suffering I have to go through to convert from 6.5 to 7.0. And
                  have you had many complaints about 7.0 and is it ready to go? I'm still having problems with the output window printing out the wrong Close[0] entry prices that do not correspond with the actual Trades screen. They were corresponding and then it got out of sync. I'm thinking database pointer problems.

Comment

Hello bill897,

Thank you for your suggestions. You can always select all the text and move into an editor.

I'm gettting different Close[0], Close[1] displays that do not correspond with my Entry price and Exit price and the Print was just before the
                    EnterLong and EnterShort
                    Close[0] and Close[1] aren't your entry prices. You can use Position.AvgPrice for this or work at the IExecution level if you want the price for a specific order.

Version 6.5 and Version 7 are separate installs. Both can be installed at the same time. Only one can be running.

Please see here for what is migrated coming from 6.5 to 7.

There have been code breaking changes in version 7. See here for the latest.
                    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Where's the text editor on NinjaTrader 6.5? There is no "select all" button on the output window in Strategy Analyzer. I have so many displays that it would take me probably 10 minutes to copy paste to another editor such as wordpad or notepad and I had to change the color from black to blue because I ran out of black ink on the printer, now I've run out of blue. I'll have to order lazer ink
                      on the web, but they don't air mail it. You have to get it "Ground", possibly 3 days. Thanks for your help.

Comment

Correct Bill, the 'Save As' function in the output window was added for NT7, it would unfortunately not be offered in 6.5 - you would need to mark the output needed with your mouse and the use the regular Windows Ctrl C command to copy into memory for pasting in your editor.
                        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by reynoldsn, Today, 09:01 AM
                        0 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post reynoldsn  
                        Started by Option Whisperer, Today, 09:00 AM
                        0 responses
                        1 view