Genetic Optimizer Status, Doc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Genetic Optimizer Status, Doc

I find it unintuitive that the optimizer progress/status display shows on a completely different window from where you execute the optimizer. There seems to be plenty of empty space to show the progress right in the strategy analyzer window. I would consider replacing the SA message that shows during optimization saying "go somewhere else for what you are looking for" with what we're actually looking for.

Also, the genetic optimizer status does not include a progress bar. It seems you know the number of generations and population size and should be able to multiply those together and then get the current approximate completion percentage for the genetic optimizer.

The help text that displays in the optimizer parameters flyout window for the genetic optimizer's Threshold item just reads "threshold", which doesn't give enough details on what it actually does. The other GA help text items are also not that helpful. I'm sure better docs are coming soon, but hopefully these useful context help items won't be forgotten.

Hello Anagoge,

I will forward the suggestion to display the status bar within the Strategy Analyzer instead of the Control Center.

The status bar does include a 'progress bar', which is located in the lower right corner of the Control Center.

I will include the suggestion to improve help text in the Strategy Analyzer as well. Thank you for your feedback.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
      The status bar does include a 'progress bar', which is located in the lower right corner of the Control Center.
      The default/brute force optimizer displays a progress bar, but the genetic optimizer never displays one for me. The abort button does work, though. NT7-13, 64-bit, Windows 7.

See attached.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello Anagoge,

I see what you mean. When I perform an optimization with Optimizer set to Genetic, I do not see a progress bar either.

Thank you for reporting. I will forward your findings to Development.
        Last edited by NinjaTrader_Jason; 04-06-2010, 11:02 AM.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Tim-c, Today, 02:10 PM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
        Started by Taddypole, Today, 02:47 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes