Go Back   NinjaTrader Support Forum > Application Technical Support > Miscellaneous Support > Historical Version 7 Beta Threads > Version 7 Beta General Questions & Bug Reports

Version 7 Beta General Questions & Bug Reports Ask questions here and post bug reports.

Old 01-31-2010, 07:31 AM   #1
Harry

Default Session templates

As NinjaTrader is used to trade the electronic markets, I am astonished that there are mostly (with the exception of CBOT Metal Futures ETH - who ever traded this?) sessions for pit traded futures.

It would be quite useful to add session templates for

CME Globex Index Futures
CME Globex FX Futures
CBOT Interest Rate Futures ETH
CME Agriculturals ETH
CME Comex
ICE Russell
ICE WTI Crude
IPE London
Nybot e-Futures
Nymex Energy
Nymex Metal

NinjaTrader can also be used for electronic trading of futures, why not have the session templates that are required for doing this? Currently I have to enter them manually after each reinstallation of NT7, and worse, then justify, why I am using them, because they are not NinjaTrader standard.
Old 01-31-2010, 09:31 AM   #2
NinjaTrader_Ray
Administrator

Thanks for the suggestion. We are in beta and there is still stuff that is work in progress.

Are you saying that as a new beta version comes out, you install this and your custom created sessions are no longer there? That for sure should NOT be the case.
Old 01-31-2010, 01:13 PM   #3
Harry

When I installed the new beta, I also deleted the folder db under -> own documents -> NinjaTrader 7, because I wanted to test for data related bugs (mergebackadjusted problem and forex spikes with IB). Maybe this sent the templates into heaven as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaTrader_Ray View Post
Thanks for the suggestion. We are in beta and there is still stuff that is work in progress.

Are you saying that as a new beta version comes out, you install this and your custom created sessions are no longer there? That for sure should NOT be the case.
Old 01-31-2010, 01:55 PM   #4
NinjaTrader_Dierk
Administrator

>> Maybe this sent the templates into heaven as well.
Yes, you did.