Missing reference to NinjaTrader.Vendor.dll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missing reference to NinjaTrader.Vendor.dll

Straight after installing NT7 (beta 4) and choosing to migrate the data from NT6.5 during the installation, the reference to NinjaTrader.Vendor.dll was missing unabling to add any Jurik's indicators or compile anything (find attached)

I am not sure if it has got anything to do with NT7 as someone else had similar problem with NT6.5:

Problem solved by adding the reference per advice.
    Attached Files

Thanks for letting us know.

Comment

NinjaTrader.Vendor.dll reference still missing.

I am just running NT7 for the first time on 12/5/09 and have the identical issue when trying to import an indicator. Existing NinjaScript errors, missing Jurik and WoodieCCI errors.

Adding the reference to NinjaTrader.Vendor.dll solved the issue.
      Just wanted you to know that NT7 apparently is still missing the reference "out of the box".

Gains

Comment

Thanks for letting us know.

Comment

Jurik problem - NT7 polluted

I have just tried to import a compiled and protected vendor DLL. It worked well on the PC that was used to create the vendor DLL, but the second PC failed to import:

Import failed. The NinjaScript Archive File may contain duplicate method names that already exist on your PC or there is a required file missing on either your PC or in the import archive.

I have put the information from the trace file (failed import) below. I have never used or imported any Jurik indicators. But I have noticed them in a prior release of NT 7. So one of the NT installations must be Jurik polluted. Any hints, where this originated and how to solve the problem?

2010-03-28 00:12:22:950 c:\Users\H\Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom\Indicator\@ADL.cs CS0012 Der Typ "NinjaTrader.Indicator.JurikDMX" ist in einer nicht referenzierten Assembly definiert. Fügen Sie einen Verweis auf die Assembly "NinjaTrader.Vendor, Version=7.0.0.11, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null" hinzu.
          2010-03-28 00:12:22:950 c:\Users\H\Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom\Indicator\@ADL.cs CS0012 Der Typ "NinjaTrader.Indicator.JurikJMA" ist in einer nicht referenzierten Assembly definiert. Fügen Sie einen Verweis auf die Assembly "NinjaTrader.Vendor, Version=7.0.0.11, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null" hinzu.
          2010-03-28 00:12:22:950 c:\Users\H\Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom\Indicator\@ADL.cs CS0012 Der Typ "NinjaTrader.Indicator.JurikRSX" ist in einer nicht referenzierten Assembly definiert. Fügen Sie einen Verweis auf die Assembly "NinjaTrader.Vendor, Version=7.0.0.11, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null" hinzu.
          2010-03-28 00:12:22:950 c:\Users\H\Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom\Indicator\@ADL.cs CS0012 Der Typ "NinjaTrader.Indicator.JurikVEL" ist in einer nicht referenzierten Assembly definiert. Fügen Sie einen Verweis auf die Assembly "NinjaTrader.Vendor, Version=7.0.0.11, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null" hinzu.
          2010-03-28 00:12:22:950 c:\Users\H\Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom\Indicator\@ADL.cs CS0012 Der Typ "NinjaTrader.Indicator.WoodiesCCI" ist in einer nicht referenzierten Assembly definiert. Fügen Sie einen Verweis auf die Assembly "NinjaTrader.Vendor, Version=7.0.0.11, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null" hinzu.
          2010-03-28 00:12:22:950 c:\Users\H\Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom\Indicator\@ADL.cs CS0012 Der Typ "NinjaTrader.Indicator.WoodiesPivots" ist in einer nicht referenzierten Assembly definiert. Fügen Sie einen Verweis auf die Assembly "NinjaTrader.Vendor, Version=7.0.0.11, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null" hinzu.

Comment

Problem solved

Found the culprit. A nice little present called NinjaTrader.Vendor.cs that someone left under NinjaTrader 7\bin\custom. This polluted all DLLs exported. I think it is a leftover from one of the earlier releases of NT7, so I just needed to delete this file and reexport the DLL again. That solved the problem.

Comment

- please see release notes to learn that imported protected assemblies is NOT supported at this time. I suggest reading and understanding them so you don't take unnecessary detours and get yourself in trouble
              - as you now, due to your manipulation of the NT files, corrupted your installation you needed to go through these steps:
              * uninstall the 3rd party assembly (File->Utilities->Remove NS assemblies) and DON'T install it again unless we advise you so by our release notes
              * uninstall NT7 via control panel
              * remove all files in <my documents>/NinjaTradder7/bin/Custom. Please leave all sub folders untouched
              * download and install again NT7

Again, I suggest you strictly work along the lines of what we advise you. There is no point in trying something different since this inevitably gets you in trouble as you experienced.

Comment

Dierk,

thanks for your answer, thought it was fixed for 7.0.0.10 with issue 3483. Made an update to Remotesoft Protector v4, which works with NT7. Problem was only that I did not make a complete reinstall on one of my machines, so the NinjaTrader.Vendor.cs file was referenced by the export assembly. Once deleted this file, the export assembly was clean and importing it on the other machine worked.

Comment

Please let us know as you have restored your installation as per my instructions below. Thanks

Comment

(1) Followed your instructions exactly. -> NinjaTrader does not even start
                    (2) Then also removed Config and UI files -> NinjaTrader starts, all workspaces corrupted

So I just copied back the files, and now it runs as it did before. Will do a reinstall from scratch with the next release.

Comment

The trouble you experience really is no surprise. Obviously your installation is seriously corrupted. I again urge you to stick closely to the instructions we provide e.g. in our release notes so you stayed away from unnecessary trouble.

Next steps to get you back to normal:
                      - manually copy the folder <my documents>/NinjaTrader7 to e.g. <my documents>/NinjaTrader7.old
                      - uninstall NT7
                      - manually remove the folders <my documents>/NinjaTrader7 and <program files>/NinjaTrader7
                      - download and install NT7 again
                      - start NT-> should not be a problem
                      - enter your connection credentials

Next you can manually move over
                      - custom NS files
                      - data files located in <my documents>/NinjaTrader7/db
                      - workspace files

Make sure:
                      - you copy the files step by step
                      - you terminate NT before copying

Please follow these steps CLOSELY to the detail and DON'T try anything different. Thanks

Comment

ninjatradervendor.dll / unverifiable code failed policy check exception from HRESULT

okay than try this one on for size
                        win7 (via parallels) clean install
                        nt7 (14 & 15) clean install
                        nt6.5 is also installed but only started no changes have been made
                        nt7 x64 works but i use qcharts (esignals data manager) which has no x64
                        so...
                        nt7 x32 has this ninjatradervendor.dll
                        "unverifiable code failed policy check (exception from HRESULT: 0x80131402)"

NT7 X32 never boots up

yes i have it running as admin
                        and yes i have tried compatibility mode for vista, xp, 2000
                        and yes i uninstalled reinstalled, uninstalled rebooted & reinstalled, uninstalled deleted rebooted & reinstalled.

so now what?

Comment

jupiejupe, thanks for reporting - can you please send us traces and logs via Help > Mail to Support so we can review?

Thanks
                          BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

would love to but you might have missed the part about nt 7x32 never starting, if gives error message during splash loading and never goes beyond this point.

Comment

jupiejupe,

You can find the files located in Documents\NinjaTrader 7\trace directory. Can you please send those files in? Thank you.
                              Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by set2win, 08-04-2021, 09:23 AM
                              39 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post WaleeTheRobot  
                              Started by md4866, Today, 08:15 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes