Go Back   NinjaTrader Support Forum > Application Technical Support > Connecting

Connecting Support for establishing connections to your broker or market data service provider.

Old 09-17-2009, 05:59 AM   #1
Mindset

Default Freezing & Crashing with IB

I have used NT as a licence holder for over a year now with IB.

My workspaces crash every week sometimes every day and do not reload.
eg yesterday and today ( and the US isn't even open!)
After ranting and raving, throwing computers out of windows , etc I thought I would try and get to the bottom of this.

There may be some issues with NT and their historical data requests BUT I feel the major issue lies with IB and it's throttling/traffic management, etc.

If I can restart NT unconnected and close my 'normal' workspace it will happily open 4-5 charts very quickly.
If I go back to my normal workspace - the dreaded 'Saving' / 'Loading Data' box appears and that is that in my experience. So I reason that it can only be the workspace keeps getting corrupted or IB are somehow strangling the data requests and NT have no way of aborting the download ( clicking abort in my experience just aggravates the problem and usually ends up with ctrl+alt+del).

I can't see that this amount of corruption is possible ( I have reinstalled a few times) in normal use - other users would complain and NT would not be in business so using Occam's razor I am left with IB.

Unless someone can point me toward something else.

My normal workspace has 24 charts (8 symbols) and 1 market analyzer using a max of 20 days back. Doesn't seem arduous.

I would appreciate other users comments - esp those using IB.

I pray that v7 corrects some of this ( esp the abort, loading data freeze issue) - if it doesn't then I will have to find another data provider.
Old 10-05-2009, 10:29 AM   #2
cctrade

Same exact problem here for the last 6 months. IF you get an answer let me know. I only pull up 1 1-minute chart of the zb. I don't think it is IB problems I believe it is NT. I have over 100 nt db's created because every time I log out I need to start all over again from scratch.
Old 10-05-2009, 10:40 AM   #3
NinjaTrader_Jason
NinjaTrader Customer Service

Hello cctrade,

Please see my response to your forum post.
Old 10-06-2009, 01:23 AM   #4
Mindset

Default Response

Is it a private response Jason?
Old 10-06-2009, 03:01 AM   #5
NinjaTrader_Jason
NinjaTrader Customer Service

Hello Mindset,

I was referring to the response I posted at forum thread below.
http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/...ad.php?t=21100