Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last in First out contract PnL

Hi,

I am trying to figure out how to change the behaviour of how Ninja averages the entry price. Ninja seems to be calculating always First contract in First contract Out. Is there a way that can be changed to Last contract in First Contract Out. With the FIFO behaviour causes problems when multiples scale in scale outs, as it always keep on the screen the last average so I want to see is Ninja recalculate the average of the remaining contracts but removing the last one that was scale in instead of the first one. There is a checkbox in the options for FIFO Pnl but it doesnt seem to do anything.

Thanks
    Pacpac

Originally posted by pacpac View Post
    Hi,

I am trying to figure out how to change the behaviour of how Ninja averages the entry price. Ninja seems to be calculating always First contract in First contract Out. Is there a way that can be changed to Last contract in First Contract Out. With the FIFO behaviour causes problems when multiples scale in scale outs, as it always keep on the screen the last average so I want to see is Ninja recalculate the average of the remaining contracts but removing the last one that was scale in instead of the first one. There is a checkbox in the options for FIFO Pnl but it doesnt seem to do anything.

Thanks
    Pacpac
    Hello Pacpac,

Thank you for your post.

Unfortunately it is not possible to setup NinjaTrader for LIFO at this time. I will forward this to our development team for future considerations.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I'll second pacpac's request. LIFO is the only valid way to manage an open trade with scale in/out's. FIFO gives a distorted view of the position's activity, and causes me to jot down my entry's and exits manually to keep a tally of where my trade is actually at PnL-wise. Since the computer can easily do this calculation automatically, it would save me a great deal of effort and minimize my trade management mistakes if I had this functionality. Thank you for listenting.

Comment

Thank you for your post and I will forward this to our development team as well.

Comment

Where are you at about integrating LIFO position avg. calculations ? Thanks

Comment

Hello SARdynamite,

Thanks for your post.

This item remains on development's list of future considerations. Unfortunately, there is not currently any word on if or when this type of change would be made.
            KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Is it now possible (2013) to trade "last in first out" (LIFO)?

A important function for Futuretrader.

Comment

Unfortunately this option is not currently available however has been assigned ID #465 for tracking.

Thanks again for your suggestion and please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

Any update on the feature #465 LIFO? This would be a big help to laddered strategies.

Comment

Hello,

This item remains on development's list of future considerations. I will forward your support for LIFO to our development staff for further consideration.

Comment

FIFO in Control box under GENERAL ??

What is that FIFO used for ??? Check OR UnCheck it??

Comment

Hello,

This setting enables or disables calculation of position average entry price based on the FIFO (First in First Out) method. By default, this setting would be disabled.

Comment

Any update on this?

This is still a needed feature. Any updates? Scaling in and out of positions requires LIFO pnl updates. I am forced to do this on a spreadsheet which is a pain while focusing on trades. Maybe for NT8?

Comment

Within NinjTrader 8 you can disable "Use FIFO for position average pricing" under Tools->Options->Trading which would then use LIFO.

I have provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over this option:

Comment

Unfortunately that is the same as NT7. That just changes the avg position while still in a trade. We want the ability to have NT close the most recently added position to calculate realized pnl and not just change the average. Any updates on a feature that would allow this?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
                              47 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post aligator  
                              Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post jaybedreamin