NinjaTrader Support Forum  

Go Back   NinjaTrader Support Forum > Application Technical Support > Automated Trading

Automated Trading Support for automated trading systems using NinjaScript. Support for our ATI (Automated Trading Interface) used to link an external application such as TradeStation and eSignal to NinjaTrader.

Old 04-10-2009, 12:28 PM   #1
Dean Elphin Smith

Default Best brokerages for minimal slippage?

[Repost from the Suggestions forum...this one may be more appropriate.]

Hello, can anyone please tell me which brokerages firm(s) give excellent execution/minimal slippage on market orders for stocks? (I'm new to the forums and apologize if this is a repeat, but searching on slippage and brokerages yielded only modest results.)

My colleague and I use NT connected to Interactive Brokers for our trade execution. Sometimes our slippage is zero and sometimes awful ($0.07 or more on a ~$15 stock with a minimum of 500K shares trading daily). I can believe that some instances are thin markets at the moment the trade is submitted, but this seems to happen daily (we do ~6 trades/day).

We expect that we can reduce this by trading in event lots of 100 shares, but that will probably only take us so far.

What brokerage firms are better? And related, has anyone found other ways to minimize slippage?

Thanks in advance,
Dean