Go Back   NinjaTrader Support Forum > NinjaScript Development Support > Indicator Development

Indicator Development Support for the development of custom indicators using NinjaScript.

Old 01-13-2009, 07:28 PM   #1
ninjamouse

Default Combination of Quick MA with JMA Vel

Hi

Hope you can help me, I'm look for a combination of indicators, basically I want either Quick MA **OR** ZerolagTEMA and combine it to a horizontal line so that it looks like the JMA VEL indicator.

If you dont know what I'm talking about here is a screenshot of the JMA VEL indicator http://www.jurikres.com/catalog/ms_vel.htm#top

Here is a screenshot:

The indicator description is as follows:

"The classical momentum indicator is a simple yet effective measure of market direction. However, the curve zig-zags a lot, producing many misleading values and false alarms. Typical attempts to remove noise by applying a moving average will seriously degrade its usefulness by adding lag. Jurik Research solved this problem with an advanced momentum oscillator that produces very smooth curves without any additional lag !
Notice how VEL eliminates the zig-zagging noise inherent in a classic 10-bar momentum signal. VEL is extremely smooth, compared to the jagged momentum line. Consequently, there are fewer false signals."

Here is how it works when trading

thankyou in advanced
Old 01-14-2009, 03:36 AM   #2
NinjaTrader_Bertrand
NinjaTrader Customer Service

Thanked 1,568 times in 1,534 posts

Hi ninjamouse, have you tried using the Momentum calculated on the QuickMA or the ZeroLagTEMA? http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H.../Momentum.html

This should come pretty close...
Old 01-14-2009, 07:36 AM   #3
ninjamouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
Hi ninjamouse, have you tried using the Momentum calculated on the QuickMA or the ZeroLagTEMA? http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H.../Momentum.html

This should come pretty close...
Sorry I wouldnt know how to do this, can someone please me the file?

Thankyou
Old 01-14-2009, 07:47 AM   #4
NinjaTrader_Bertrand

Hi ninjamouse, unfortunately due to bandwith issues we cannot offer custom indicator coding. I hope our users can chime in here and help you out.

If you are looking for a way to get this professionally programmed for you, please try contacting one of these NinjaScript consultants - http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/pa...injaScript.htm
Old 01-19-2010, 05:10 AM   #5
cunparis

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
Hi ninjamouse, unfortunately due to bandwith issues we cannot offer custom indicator coding. I hope our users can chime in here and help you out.
???? What bandwidth are you talking about here??
Old 01-19-2010, 05:30 AM   #6
NinjaTrader_Bertrand

cunparis, was referring to not having the bandwidth to offer custom coding services - for professional programming those NinjaScript consultants would be a good route -

http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/pa...injaScript.htm
Old 01-22-2010, 08:49 AM   #7
sirajrasul

Default Thanks

Thanks for the information....
expert advisor
forex