Go Back   NinjaTrader Support Forum > NinjaScript Development Support > Indicator Development

Indicator Development Support for the development of custom indicators using NinjaScript.

Old 12-18-2008, 09:14 PM   #1
dokebilee

Default VSA indicator request

Hello everyone,

Someone has already made a couple of indicators based on VSA (Volume Spread Analysis) before but they weren't updated or rather, fine tuned.

Below I have attached an indicator called "High Volume Spike Reversal Indicator" that was made by davem1979 and JustLurkin on TL but it would be nice to have a graphical green/red arrow alert with text instead of a giant bar that appears on top of the candlesticks, otherwise, the system itself is good and doesn't need any change in my opinion.

I have attached another indicator that was made by PivotProfiler and Blu-Ray but they made it for Tradestation, it's called "VSA No Demand / No Supply" and it would be awesome if someone could translate it into NT. Also, as with the "High Volume Spike Reversal Indicator", it would be awesome if the price alerts were shown as a Graphical green/red Arrow but with text ofcourse, to show some variation.

After this is done, would it be possible to merge both of them into one and have the option to turn each of them off/on please?

I know it's a bit demanding but I have no knowledge of programming but if I did, I would have done this myself and posted it on the forums for everyone. Thank you and have a nice day .
Old 12-19-2008, 06:53 AM   #2
NinjaTrader_Bertrand
NinjaTrader Customer Service

Thanked 1,689 times in 1,646 posts

Thanks for posting those dokebilee and welcome to the NinjaTrader forum! I hope our members will assist you in merging those into the indicator you envisioned, if you want to start with NinjaScript yourself please take some time to review our tutorials here - http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...verview18.html
Old 12-19-2008, 08:12 PM   #3
dokebilee

Thank you Bertrand.
Old 04-27-2009, 09:30 AM   #4
hanaa

Default volume spike reversal bar

hi i like this indicator.would be nice if we could change the signal colurs.righr now they are preset.but ability to change the colour would be much appreciated any help here would be great
regards
hanaa
Old 04-27-2009, 09:33 AM   #5
NinjaTrader_Josh
NinjaTrader Product Manager

To whoever takes up modifying these indicators: to make color parameters please see this tip http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/...ead.php?t=4977
Old 10-05-2009, 09:29 AM   #6
giraia_br

how can i hear a alarm everytime there is a volume spike?
Old 10-05-2009, 09:42 AM   #7
NinjaTrader_Bertrand
NinjaTrader Customer Service

Thanked 1,689 times in 1,646 posts

You would need to add custom code defining your volume spike and then call the Alert() method - http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...eV6/Alert.html
Old 10-05-2009, 10:54 AM   #8
eDanny

Quote:
Originally Posted by giraia_br View Post
how can i hear a alarm everytime there is a volume spike?
You can look at the IT_VolBB indicator here which has alerts.
www.integrity-traders.com
Last edited by eDanny; 06-17-2014 at 07:23 AM.
Old 01-11-2010, 11:37 AM   #9
John.2000

Default Work around for this

dokebilee,

I'm no programmer either, so until someone would pitch in to upgrade this indicator, a workaround would be to display this on some other panel rather than Panel 1. This will help not to obsure the price chart. I overlay this over a Volume Bar.

I hope this help,
John