|10-26-2008, 09:32 AM||#1|
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: The Netherlands
Thanked 0 times in 0 posts
Some getting started questions about the Chart
I'm just new to NinjaTrader, it's a very nice software suite! And now I've still a few questions from which I couldn't find the answer on the forum.
1) Within the Instrument Manager I created a new Instrument List, in this list I put some stock I'm interested in. I open a new chart, and then I would like to browse fast through all stocks within myInstrumentList to see I there is a stock ready to trade on. How to do this? Without entering the symbol every time in the bar?
2) When I view a chart of a stock with a history of 20 years, I can only zoom out till a view of 7 years, it is possible then to slide to the other years by using the bottom slide. But I would like to see all data at once, so I can view where the stock is at this moment historically based (I'm using daily quotes, switching to weekly or yearly is not an option!), so how to do this?
3) I've got a chart with 4 indicators on it, how can I view one of the indicators or only the main chart on full screen without removing all other indicators?
4) In the chart I enabled the volume-indicator on a separate panel, now I would like to add a weighted moving average to this volume indicator, when I add the wma the line stays on the bottom, and doesn't take the average of 30 days? Doesn't matter what I chose as "Price type" the WMA stays on the bottom?
5) When I draw a Line or Ray on the chart, is it possible to copy/create a same line only parallel to the drawn line before so I can create a channel? I'm aware of the regression channel, only this calculates it's own place where the top is, while I would like to make this choice by my own?
6) Is there already an Instrument/Algorithm in NinjaTrader that calculates and displays the most important support and resistance levels?
I know I ask a lot of beginner questions, but I'm learning myself NinjaTrader for the last days, and I still haven't found an answer for this questions.
Thanks in advance!!!
|10-26-2008, 05:39 PM||#2|
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Denver, CO, USA
Thanked 46 times in 32 posts
1) Unfortunately only the "Default" instrument list is available from the drop down menu. Two alternatives, you can simply type in the stock symbol you wish to see. In your chart, just type "MSFT" and press the Enter key or, open a Market Analyzer window, add your custom list to this, then set the link button of the Market Analyzer and the chart to the same color. Then just click on the instrument in the Market Analyzer that you wish to see in your chart.
2) Not possible at this time, if you are zoomed all the way out that is far out as you can go
3) If you mean "Maximize" a panel and hide the others temporarily, this is not possible but will be in NT7.
4) If you mean have a weighted moving average of volume, this is not possible although again, in NT7 it will be. It is possible to custom program this in NinjaScript.
5) How about select the line, right click copy, then right click paste. Will this work?
6) No there is not.
As a newbie, please check out our Chart training classes, we hold several sessions each week. Link to the schedule in my signature below.
NinjaTrader Customer Service
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Two questions||sunnyrain||ATM Strategies (Discretionary Trading)||4||10-07-2008 03:11 PM|
|Small chart trader questions...||Speedie6||Charting||2||07-09-2008 10:37 PM|
|Ninjatrader group started on myspace||dirtybrown||Automated Trading||0||01-21-2008 09:22 PM|
|A few NT6 questions||miked11||Charting||2||01-14-2007 10:28 AM|
|Ninja does not recognize TWS has been opened and started||wagross||Connecting||11||05-01-2006 02:19 PM|