Better Line Color control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Better Line Color control

I use color changes in a lot of ways. The way NT requires us to program color changes on indicators is really awkward, and hopfully some better method will be included in v.7, but I havn't found any indications of that. So this is a request to add a one line method to change display colors, without having to add extra plots for it.

1. Having to add plots for each color gets really busy. If I have a 3 line indicator (i.e. BB), I have to program 6 lines, just to get 2 colors each. If I wanted to use 4 colors on those 3 lines to indicate various conditions, I would need to progam and account for 12 plots, just to change the color of the plots on demand. In additions to the "busy" code for this, things like the Data Box eats up 12 slots of space, where 3 of 4 entries are worthless most of the time. Add a few indicators like this and the data box become usless. I just want the value of "the" line in that box, and the color displayed to change.

2. There is currently a display error when drawing "Line" types using current methods. When a line is drawn with 2 colors and it zig-zags on ajoining bars (line up, then down next bar, then up next bar, etc.) we end up with "double plot" at those points and the color becomes "undefined" since both colors are drawn on those segments. This occures because of the need to set 2 points to draw a segment, changing the previous bar setting. I want it to show say Red for the down bar, and Green for the up bar, not Red/Green (dominant color tends to win) for both line segments. This is only a problem when drawing lines, not dots, etc., because of the need to start the line 1 bar back.

Any chance of these issues being addressed? Any known work-arounds?

Dean.

Hello Dean,

Unfortunately, I am not aware of any work-arounds. I have forwarded your suggestions and comments to our development team to ask them if they can add this to the list of future considerations for the software.

Thank you for taking time to provide us your feedback.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

In NT7, you are able to programmatically change the color of a single plot for each bar --> This means it is not requires to have a separate plot for each different color state you wish to visualize.
      RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Great! That will save me a lot of time and effort, even if I have to wait a few more months. Sounds like NT7 will be a lot different than current. From what I've seen in other threads, it should have a lot of improvements. Wish there was a list someware, even if some things on it didn't make it to the final version.

Thanks.
        Dean.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by kujista, Today, 05:44 AM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post kujista
        by kujista

Started by trilliantrader, Today, 08:16 AM