Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fresh install of NT8.0.0.11 and candles wont show on chart

Hi,
    Just finished a completely fresh install of Windows 8.1 and running NT8 v11 on its own completely separate Virtual machine just for trading using VMware.

When I loaded NT8 v11 and started it, it connects and will open a chart but the chart is completely blank if Tick Replay is checked or if Tick Replay is not checked, it has the axis really spread out and still no candles showing on the chart.

I should add, I'm using IQfeed and it connects and another platform is using the same data and its working fine.

Please see attached.

Whats going on? What am I missing? Is this a NT8 issue or have I just missed something?

I apologies if its something simple I have overlooked, I've come down with a killer flu today as I was trying to get everything rebuilt and finalized.
    Attached Files

Hello TyJack,

Thank you for your post,

You will need to rollover to the current futures contacts, the ES has now rolled over to the 09-16 expiry.

Please follow these steps to roll over the expiration date of a Futures contract:

Navigate to the Control Center > Tools > Database window.
    Left-click the 'Rollover' button that appears just below the table under the 'Rollover futures instruments' section.
    Close this window when this process completes.
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

G'day

Same issue, followed instructions but there's no instruments there to rollover.

Next step please?

Thanks
      David
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_EricB View Post
        Hello TyJack,

Thank you for your post,

You will need to rollover to the current futures contacts, the ES has now rolled over to the 09-16 expiry.

Please follow these steps to roll over the expiration date of a Futures contract:

Navigate to the Control Center > Tools > Database window.
        Left-click the 'Rollover' button that appears just below the table under the 'Rollover futures instruments' section.
        Close this window when this process completes.

Thanks. That fixed it.

Comment

Originally posted by LarrikinTrader View Post
          G'day

Same issue, followed instructions but there's no instruments there to rollover.

Next step please?

Thanks
          David

Are you connected to a data provider?

Comment

G'day,
            Sure am. Still have NT7 running but I reckon I've let the smoke out of NT8 when I went looking for a solution to the blank screen that we experienced. D'oh!

It'd be great if a solution could be found ASAP as I have a coder waiting for me to test an indicator that I asked him to create. I'll confess to being as reluctant to go to NT8 as I am to Windows 10 ... for this very reason.

Thanks
            David

Comment

Originally posted by LarrikinTrader View Post
              G'day,
              Sure am. Still have NT7 running but I reckon I've let the smoke out of NT8 when I went looking for a solution to the blank screen that we experienced. D'oh!

It'd be great if a solution could be found ASAP as I have a coder waiting for me to test an indicator that I asked him to create. I'll confess to being as reluctant to go to NT8 as I am to Windows 10 ... for this very reason.

Thanks
              David

Try configuring another new data connection from scratch. See if that makes a difference. If there is data correctly connected, there "should" be symbols available.

It might be a issue with how the data was originally configured.

Just go to
              Connections > Configure, then run through the steps to add a new data connection. OK at the end to add it, log out of NT8 and close it down, restart NT8 and connect to new connection. See if that makes a difference.

Past that, I'm out of my depth. Sorry.

Comment

Hello TyJack,

Thank you for your reply,

Sorry to hear that didn't help, from the top right Instrument drop-down on your charts, are you able to select the current ES 09-16 contact?

If not, try single clicking on the chart then typing "ES 09-16" then press Enter. This will manually move the chart to the current contract. You should also then be able to see the contract from the chart instrument menu now as well.
                Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_EricB View Post
                  Hello TyJack,

Thank you for your reply,

Sorry to hear that didn't help, from the top right Instrument drop-down on your charts, are you able to select the current ES 09-16 contact?

If not, try single clicking on the chart then typing "ES 09-16" then press Enter. This will manually move the chart to the current contract. You should also then be able to see the contract from the chart instrument menu now as well.

Sorry, I was trying to help out the other member with his problem. Mine was fixed with your 1st reply.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by Board game geek, 10-29-2023, 12:00 PM
                  14 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post DJ888
                  by DJ888

Started by Waxavi, 04-19-2024, 02:10 AM
                  4 responses
                  0 likes