DOM Ladder Cumulative Last Trade at Price and Volume Profile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DOM Ladder Cumulative Last Trade at Price and Volume Profile

Hi, I wanted to make a suggestion for the next ninjatrader update.
    For those of us that trade with a DOM, rather than technically, a key feature is missing from ninja that renders it virtually useless to DOM scalpers. On the DOM the volume on the last trade is shown between brackets, "()", on the DOM in the price field. This is great, however if it were to cumulate at each price it would be even better. Suppose that 3000 one lots just traded there but all I see is 1, this bcomes near impossible to keep up with using a time and sales window and seeing the cumulative volume that just printed into each price before it moves to the next price, on the DOM itself. is essential. CQG and X_Trader both do this.
    So ideally it would go like this:

1. 131-12 is being traded and just went offer. the last trade indicator would cumulate until the next price is being traded at which point it starts to cumulate again. Everytime a new price trades it starts counting again rather than just showing what size traded last.

2. Also, the total volume traded, for the day, at each price should be shown on the side of the DOM next to each price. This forms a volume profile that many scalpers use to make their trade decisions.
    I am certain that these 2 features would cause many traders who use TT and CQG to switch out to Ninja. They are absolutely essential and I cannot see how any order flow trader on the planet could scalp without them.

Lastly as a third enhancement I would strongly suggest creating an auto legger for ninja, more and more people are spreading these days and they have no choice but to go with a TT or CQG to meet thier needs. I understand that this might be difficult, however at least being able to chart ratio spreads would be amajor step in the right direction.

I hope that you pass this on to your development team and seriously consider adding these enhancements, they will undoubtedly make ninjatrader the best option for serious traders. I would be glad to discuss these enhancements or answer any questions you may have about what I have written, thanks.
    Last edited by hunt4alpha; 12-06-2011, 06:04 PM. Reason: typoe

HI hunt4alpha,

Thanks for your post and this suggestion!

I will forward the suggestion on to development for further consideration. Thanks much for taking the time to provide your feedback!
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

>HI hunt4alpha,

>Thanks for your post and this suggestion!

>I will forward the suggestion on to development for further consideration. Thanks much for taking the time to provide your feedback!

No Problem, this platform is great and very close to being outstanding. A few tweaks and Ninja can be the ultimate platform for retail and medium sized traders.

PS: I am not the only guy on this, believe me when I say lost of guys want this option.

I saw a post be jmi88 saying:

"As the price trades I cantfind a cumulative volume ticker anywhere...Did 1 or 1000 contracts just trade...Am i missing it somewhere?"
      Last edited by hunt4alpha; 12-06-2011, 06:17 PM. Reason: Missed the quote

Comment

Originally posted by hunt4alpha View Post
        I would be glad to discuss these enhancements or answer any questions you may have about what I have written, thanks.
        I would be also glad to discuss this. This has been requested many times before.

If it is a patent issue with Trading Technologies, then make some a compromise with them. A TON of people would switch to Ninja if this change was made.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by pbylina; 12-07-2011, 09:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kyle View Post
          HI hunt4alpha,

Thanks for your post and this suggestion!

I will forward the suggestion on to development for further consideration. Thanks much for taking the time to provide your feedback!
          Yea Yea Yea. Thats what you guys always say.

If you want us to vote for you in the "TASC 2012 Reader's Choice Awards" then you better start working on this project.

Comment

PS: I am not the only guy on this, believe me when I say lots of guys want this option.
            Yes. Probably over a thousand people.

Comment

Originally posted by pbylina View Post
              I would be also glad to discuss this. This has been requested many times before.

If it is a patent issue with Trading Technologies, then make some a compromise with them. A TON of people would switch to Ninja if this change was made.

Is that Photoshopped?

That picture is exactly what the next Ninja DOM needs to be, I hope that this has been noted by NT Staff.

Comment

Is that Photoshopped?

That picture is exactly what the next Ninja DOM needs to be, I hope that this has been noted by NT Staff.
                Yes, both of the pictures are only drawings.

Comment

Originally posted by pbylina View Post
                  Yes, both of the pictures are only drawings.

You have the absolute right idea.

Do this ninja !

Comment

I want this. When is going to happen?

Comment

hi guys
                      if you trade with data feed a zenfire, you can use their site beta.zenfire.com and trade through dom with the expanded list of bid/ask and accumulation of orders on last three price levels
                      Look my screenshot

good luck
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Jonson; 12-23-2011, 02:37 PM.

Comment

Looks nice. But still not sure why it can't be standard on Ninja.

Comment

Depth & Sales

http://www.jigsawtrading.com/products.html
                          Depth & Sales is a revolutionary product. No longer is the order book and actual trade information disjointed. Both trades and orders are shown side by side in an easy to read, intuitive format. Clearly see where orders are being pulled/stacked and where icebergs are being executed. This gives you a unique way to absorb order flow information. If your decision making involves tracking the depth as well as the trades, then this tool is the one you want to use. If you are scalping treasuries, this is the product for you. This product is way ahead of XTrader in terms of presentation of information, yet at a fraction of the price.

Total view of the auction - bids, offers market buys, market sells.
                          100% User configurable.
                          Intuitive and easy to absorb format.
                          See all available levels of bids and offers, not just the five that Ninja displays. For example, the ES has 10 available levels.
                          Shows orders being pulled or added at each level.
                          Clearly see iceberg orders being executed.
                          Gets you in touch with the pace of the market as well as what is likely to be ahead of you

Comment

Thanks Jonson, I came across this link a little while back. Will download it for a test drive as it seems to be what I am looking for. Hopefully, Ninja will have something similar integrated into its platform some day without the additional cost. Thanks again for your help.

Comment

np, good luck ;-)

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:53 AM
                              0 responses
                              1 view
                              0 likes
                              Last Post CortexZenUSA  
                              Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:46 AM