Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

I will Develop your Indicator or Strategy for FREE

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello vbinder,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader Support Forum!

Please see my response to your inquiry at the following link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ad.php?t=62332

Comment

Could someone code this if time permits?

Hello everyone:

I am looking for a indicator that will draw a line from entry to exit points (i.e. from the NT entry marker to the NT exit marker). Green dotted line (or changeable to personal preference) for profitable trades and red for non-profitable trades.

I know, of course, when a strategy is enabled on a chart it will automatically do it, BUT I am looking for a normal indicator that can be placed on any chart and it would plot based on whatever account is selected in the chart trader for that particular chart etc.

A discreet button on the top bar or chart where it can be clicked to turn on and off would be great. Possibly making it invisible until the mouse hovers over the area or some such ability as you can.

I am sure others will benefit from it too here.

If I get it, then I will post it as well.

Could anyone code this if time permits...smile?

Thanks...
      Last edited by birdog; 12-04-2013, 11:18 AM. Reason: added button

Comment

sound alert for RSI

Hi traders.
        I use market analyzer as a sound alert for my RSI indicator ( it alerts me for over bought and over sold condition by sound). I'm not very impressed with the outcome. I was wandering, can any one build a sound alert on RSI indicator? All it has to do is beep when RSI reaches to chosen values. ( like 20, 80).

Thanks

Comment

Hello Michel:
          I wish to have an indicator that is an oscillator that includes the values of three other indicators, as a sum.

Momentum
          Williams R
          and EASE OF mOVEMENT

PERHAPS ADD IN dmi

WHEN THESUMS OF THESE INDICATORS ARE NEGATIVE AND CROSS THE MIDLINE (0) this is an up signal, and early.so can be labelled +1
          When this sum rises to a 25% higher level this becomes a strong buy signal

Similarly for positive and crossing 0 to negative
          the indicator is early sell. label value -1
          when negative sum increase by 25% this is a strong sell and can be -2

so just 4 steps 2 for rising
          and 2 for falling...
          Thanks Joseph K
          I use this fro traading the emini s&p futures

Maybe could work for lt sweet crude (CL)

Comment

pivot zones

I'm hoping someone can help build an indicator based on the floor trader pivots.
            I just use the pivots indicator already found in ninjatrader 7.

I am wanting to create more of a pivot zone than a specific pivot level.

The zones would be customizable to add tick(s) above pivot level to create upper pivot zone and add tick(s) below pivot level to create bottom of pivot zone.

For example:
            The S1 level for the ES is 1775.50
            In this example, we will use 1 tick above and below S1 for the S1 zone.
            Instead of having a horizontal line drawn at 1775.50, we would have
            two lines drawn, one at 1775.25 and one at 1775.75.

This would be done for PP, S1, S2, S3, R1, R2, and R3.

Thank you.

Comment

Pivot Zones

Originally posted by rwkrutch View Post
              I'm hoping someone can help build an indicator based on the floor trader pivots.
              I just use the pivots indicator already found in ninjatrader 7.

I am wanting to create more of a pivot zone than a specific pivot level.

The zones would be customizable to add tick(s) above pivot level to create upper pivot zone and add tick(s) below pivot level to create bottom of pivot zone.

For example:
              The S1 level for the ES is 1775.50
              In this example, we will use 1 tick above and below S1 for the S1 zone.
              Instead of having a horizontal line drawn at 1775.50, we would have
              two lines drawn, one at 1775.25 and one at 1775.75.

This would be done for PP, S1, S2, S3, R1, R2, and R3.

Thank you.

That indicator already exists. You can download it here:

The best futures trading community on the planet: futures trading, market news, trading charts, trading platforms, trading strategies

The indicator package, which includes daily, weekly and monthly pivot zones, is due for an update. I will try to do it during the next days.

Options include:

- floor pivots, floor pivots wide, Fibonacci pivots, Camarilla pivots, Jackson Zones, Woodie's pivots (simplified)
              - all pivots can be displayed as full session (ETH, Globex) or regular session (RTH) pivots
              - indicators display yesterday's high, low and close
              - settlement price can be used instead of the close (as is needed for correct floor pivots)
              - midpivots can be displayed
              - indicator displays prior day's VWAP

The indicator requires the use of a proper session template. More is explained here:

6E is an interesting instrument as you can trade the European or the US session. 6E moves in parallel with EURUSD, and the two instruments would have a different session setup, which does not really make sense. I have not solved the puzzle, and maybe it cannot be solved, but I want to present the different options. I start with the sessions derived from the floor trading hours for 6E and the Globex Session. Asiian and European Session 5:00 PM CT - 7:20 AM CT Floor Session 7:20 AM CT - 2:00 PM CT After-Session …

Chart attached.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Harry; 12-12-2013, 03:06 PM.

Comment

Thank you Harry. This is perfect!
                Can you please put in an option to customize the color for each S/R level?

Comment

PivotZones Recoded

Originally posted by rwkrutch View Post
                  Thank you Harry. This is perfect!
                  Can you please put in an option to customize the color for each S/R level?
                  I have now updated the PivotZones indicators. It is an entirely recoded version with a few more display options than the original. Currently one color is possible for support and another color can be chosen for resistance. I have taken note of your request, but it will probably be the next update only.

If you do not want to wait you can also set the plotcolors by editing the indicator code. You can set the color in OnStartUp() via

Code:
                  Plots[X].Pen.Color = <yourFavouriteColor>;
                  where X indicates the number of the plot.

The recoded indicators can be found here:

The best futures trading community on the planet: futures trading, market news, trading charts, trading platforms, trading strategies

Comment

Quarterly Pivot Levels...

Hello Everyone,
                    I was wondering if somebody could help me program a quarterly pivot indicator. I'm not much of a programmer and have never experimented with C. Below is the code I have so far. I'm trying to create a quarterly pivot level indicator that will be plotted on the price. The article on the specific indicator is HERE. As always, any help would be greatly appreciated. In that article you can see a chart example as well as the formula, but the formula for the pivots are as follows:

R2 = P + (H - L) = P + (R1 - S1)
                    R1 = (P x 2) – L
                    P = (H + L + C)/3
                    S1 = (P x 2) – H
                    S2 = P - (H - L) = P - (R1 - S1)

My Code:
                    Code:
                    // This namespace holds all indicators and is required. Do not change it.
                    namespace NinjaTrader.Indicator
                    {
                        /// <summary>
                        /// Quarterly Pivot Points as recommended and formulate by Tom Aspray, original author unknown. 
                        /// </summary>
                        [Description("Quarterly Pivot Points as recommended and formulate by Tom Aspray, original author unknown. ")]
                        public class QuarterlyPivotPoints : Indicator
                        {
                            #region Variables
                            // Wizard generated variables
                            // User defined variables (add any user defined variables below)
                            #endregion

/// <summary>
                            /// This method is used to configure the indicator and is called once before any bar data is loaded.
                            /// </summary>
                            protected override void Initialize()
                            {
                                Add(new Plot(Color.FromKnownColor(KnownColor.Green), PlotStyle.Bar, "P1"));
                    			Add(new Plot(Color.FromKnownColor(KnownColor.Red), PlotStyle.Bar, "R2"));
                                Add(new Plot(Color.FromKnownColor(KnownColor.Red), PlotStyle.Bar, "R1"));
                                Add(new Plot(Color.FromKnownColor(KnownColor.DeepSkyBlue), PlotStyle.Bar, "S1"));
                                Add(new Plot(Color.FromKnownColor(KnownColor.DeepSkyBlue), PlotStyle.Bar, "S2"));
                                Overlay				= true;
                            }

/// <summary>
                            /// Called on each bar update event (incoming tick)
                            /// </summary>
                            protected override void OnBarUpdate()
                            {
                                // Use this method for calculating your indicator values. Assign a value to each
                                // plot below by replacing 'Close[0]' with your own formula.
                                P1.Set(High[0]+Low[0]+Close[0]/3);
                    			R2.Set(P+(High[0]-Low[0])==P+(R1-S1));
                                R1.Set((P1*2)-Low[0]);
                                S1.Set((P1*2)-High[0]);
                                S2.Set(P1-(High[0]-Low[0])==P-(R1-S1));
                            }

#region Properties
                            [Browsable(false)]	// this line prevents the data series from being displayed in the indicator properties dialog, do not remove
                            [XmlIgnore()]		// this line ensures that the indicator can be saved/recovered as part of a chart template, do not remove
                            public DataSeries R2
                            {
                                get { return Values[0]; }
                            }

[Browsable(false)]	// this line prevents the data series from being displayed in the indicator properties dialog, do not remove
                            [XmlIgnore()]		// this line ensures that the indicator can be saved/recovered as part of a chart template, do not remove
                            public DataSeries R1
                            {
                                get { return Values[1]; }
                            }

public DataSeries S1
                            {
                                get { return Values[2]; }
                            }

public DataSeries S2
                            {
                                get { return Values[3]; }
                            }

#endregion
                        }
                    }

Comment

I am new to NinjaTrader, from mt4, and would very much like to find a few simple indications that I have so become accustomed to. Vertical lines to mark session opening times, or coloured blocks to mark session periods. Also a horizontal grid that I can set to 10 pips and 100 pips. They may well exist, but I haven't a clue where to find them. Please can a kind person help?
                      Last edited by Jikkie; 12-14-2013, 07:33 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by TheProfitcy View Post
                        Hello Everyone,
                        I was wondering if somebody could help me program a quarterly pivot indicator. I'm not much of a programmer and have never experimented with C. Below is the code I have so far. I'm trying to create a quarterly pivot level indicator that will be plotted on the price. The article on the specific indicator is HERE. As always, any help would be greatly appreciated. In that article you can see a chart example as well as the formula, but the formula for the pivots are as follows:

R2 = P + (H - L) = P + (R1 - S1)
                        R1 = (P x 2) – L
                        P = (H + L + C)/3
                        S1 = (P x 2) – H
                        S2 = P - (H - L) = P - (R1 - S1)
                        Here is a quick and dirty modification of the NinjaTrader default pivots indicator. It can now be used to display quarterly pivots.

Personally I would prefer 3-month rolling pivots.

Here is the difference: The quarterly pivots reset every three months and display pivots based on high, low and close of the quarter. The 3-month rolling pivots reset every month and display pivots based on high, low and close of the preceding 3 months.

Your indicator is attached.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Harry View Post
                          Here is a quick and dirty modification of the NinjaTrader default pivots indicator. It can now be used to display quarterly pivots.

Here is the difference: The quarterly pivots reset every three months and display pivots based on high, low and close of the quarter. The 3-month rolling pivots reset every month and display pivots based on high, low and close of the preceding 3 months.

Even more preferable might be truly rolling pivots, which reset everyday, and are based on the preceding 3 months.

Comment

Originally posted by koganam View Post
                            Even more preferable might be truly rolling pivots, which reset everyday, and are based on the preceding 3 months.
                            Chart attached.

I have used 60 days instead of 3 months. The shaded blue area is the 60-day rolling pivot range.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Harry View Post

Awesome, thank you so much!

Comment

Monthly Pivot Levels...

Would it be too much if I requested a monthly pivot point as well? My code is not working for me.

-Jason

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by nandhumca, Today, 03:41 PM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post nandhumca  
                                Started by The_Sec, Today, 03:37 PM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes