New Price Volume Histogram

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Price Volume Histogram

I've written an indicator that displays volume per price tick in a variety of modes.

Thanks to NT support for answering my initial questions to get me started.

Indicator download found here:

Use this thread for feedback so I can respond to issues that may arise.

Thank you Fred! I'm sure the community will appreciate this.
    AustinNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Yes - very nice and much appreciated! As a C# newbie it also is very educational code-wise. Thx for posting it!

Comment

Is it a VWPO implementation?

How does it chart the POC?

VOC (volume on close), TPO (time price opportunities)or VWTPO (volume weighted TPO)? Side by side with other implementation it seems a VWPO but I'm looking for confirmation.
        Last edited by paulg; 10-17-2009, 09:48 AM.

Comment

I apreciate you effort.
          Is it show the bigest volume in any time frame?(intraday,day,weekly?)

Comment

Originally posted by paulg View Post
            How does it chart the POC?

VOC (volume on close), TPO (time price opportunities)or VWTPO (volume weighted TPO)? Side by side with other implementation it seems a VWPO but I'm looking for confirmation.
            The histogram is built via VWTPO, that is, the entire volume for each timespan is divided evenly aross all ticks of the price range.

Comment

Originally posted by hogarstrasni View Post
              I apreciate you effort.
              Is it show the bigest volume in any time frame?(intraday,day,weekly?)
              Yes, the largest volume is the indicated by the longest bar, and all time frames are supported.

Comment

Hi fwalton,
                I am impressed by your indicator which is similar to VolumeProfile only better because the values do not reset to zero when an indicator is added or deleted. Great work.

I am trying to use it in place of the VolumeProfile. However, how do you go about displaying the running price volume profile for the current intraday only? I wish I kn ow how to program. Any hints would be appreciated.

Regards,
                SA

Comment

Originally posted by fwalton View Post
                  Yes, the largest volume is the indicated by the longest bar, and all time frames are supported.
                  Thanks man!Great job!

Comment

After more tests of the histogram, there seems to be a buggy whenever you scroll back and forth on the time scale. Remnants of the histogram seem to have been left all over the chart. Scroll back and forth more times does not remedy the issue.

Comment

Originally posted by superarrow View Post
                      After more tests of the histogram, there seems to be a buggy whenever you scroll back and forth on the time scale. Remnants of the histogram seem to have been left all over the chart. Scroll back and forth more times does not remedy the issue.
                      New to Ninja Trader........doing a demo now....but...I love VxP/ Profile Charts.

I have to agree with Superarrow.....however....this is kind of useful....because you can see different "profiles" in different time frames....but it does kind of clutter the chart up.

All in All.........this indicator is great for viewing multiple time frames and for a daily profile.

I'm also looking for individual profile histograms for each day. So, for instance, if your looking at a 15 min chart covering 10 days......is there an indicator that will show the histogram for each of those 10 days? that is as close as you're gonna get to Market Profile. IMO anyway.

I read in another thread that Volume Profile may do that.....but it only works in real time......so, I haven't seen that indicator.

Anyway - this a pretty damn good histogram. Aside from the scrolling mash-up discussed above.

Regardless, this will always be a go-to indicator for creating multiple day profiles - which is extremely useful.

Thank You fwalton!

Comment

Weekly Value Areas/POCs

Originally posted by Horace Kent View Post
                        [...] So, for instance, if your looking at a 15 min chart covering 10 days......is there an indicator that will show the histogram for each of those 10 days? [...]

It would be great if it could be possible to chart those 10 days as 2 weekly Value Areas / POCs: one charted for the first 5 days and the latter 5 days charted together for displaying another weekly Area/POC.

Fred, any possibility to revise your indicator in order to get such a feature, please?

Comment

Hi fwalton,
                          I am impressed by your indicator which is similar to VolumeProfile only better because the values do not reset to zero when an indicator is added or deleted. Great work.

I am trying to use it in place of the VolumeProfile. However, how do you go about displaying the running price volume profile for the current intraday only? I wish I kn ow how to program. Any hints would be appreciated.

Regards,
                          SA
                          Two ways:
                          1) Set the 'DataRangeType' parameter to 'VisibleDataOnly' and then drag the chart with your mouse so that the left edge of the current session is at the left edge of the chart

2) Use Ctrl-F to Format Data Series on the chart, and set the 'Days Back' to be '1'

Comment

Volume values

Is it possible to print volume values and it's percentage on each bar?
                            What would be the code?
                            I assume it cannot differentiate between Buy/Sell volume like VolumeProfile right? TIA Great work!

Comment

This is a known issue. The method of overlaying the graphics on the plot is not officially supported, and is sometimes not as desired.
                              Workaround: Press 'F5' to refresh the current plot, and you will get a clean redraw of everything.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by algospoke, Today, 06:40 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post algospoke  
                              Started by maybeimnotrader, Today, 05:46 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post maybeimnotrader