Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yahoo connection problem

Hi.

I'm based in Australia and wish to trade ASX200 index and stocks, I follow the instructions to connect to Yahoo and success. However, I cannot get the data, I know I miss something. Can anyone tell me what to do?

Any help as to data stream and how to get the instrument showing up to trade will be most useful.

Thanks

Hello

Thank you for your post.

Note – the Yahoo connection supports end of day data only. This means you will not be receiving streaming data. You will only be able to plot Daily intervals & longer.

For more information on access to real-time & historical data, please see this table that lists our supported data vendors & the levels of service offered:

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.
    ChipNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for your prompt response, however, the list of supported data vendors did not provide ASX200 indices and equities. I think Yahoo is the only choice I have even though it is daily interval. Can you show me how to set up the connection with Yahoo data stream?

Thanks.

Comment

I have provided a link below that goes over the steps to create a Free EOD Yahoo connection for equities.

http://www.ninjatrader.com/ConnectionGuides/Yahoo-Connection-Guide.php

Keep in mind they do not provide Index data with this connection. If you wanted to receive data for Indecies you would be required to connect to a provider that supports this asset.

If you are looking for a data provider only for real time and historical data I recommend using Kinetick: (Our Preferred Data Feed Service Built Specifically for NinjaTrader 7) which provides historical Tick, Minute and Daily data for Equities, Futures and Forex.

http://www.kinetick.com
        Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi,

I had followed the Yahoo Connection-guide, I can see "connected-yahoo" shown on the status bar, I tried to get the stock ANZ.AX for example but cannot. Can you show the rest of steps in order to get the data?

Thanks.

Comment

Hi,

Can you let us know what exactly you already tried? Did you set this up through the Data Series window?
            What exact version are you using? V6.5 or V7.0.1000.1? You can check under Help--> About.

When on V7, please take a look here:
            Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi,

I am using Ninja Trader V7.

The steps I was trying - (1) Tools -> Accounts Connections, then Add, the connection name is Yahoo, the provider I choose Yahoo.
              (2) goto File->Connect then select Yahoo.
              The "connected Yahoo" shown on the status bar, it means the connection is OK.
              (3) go to File->New, select Chart, I cannot find what I want, eg. ANZ.AX or XJO.AX etc.

I know I can get Australia equities/indices from Yahoo, please advise me the next steps. Thanks.

Comment

Hello learnninjatrader

If you have not already done so, it would be necessary to set these instruments up in NinjaTrader via the Instrument Manager.

Here is the complete detail for Setting up & Editing instruments in the Instrument Manager:

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.
                ChipNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by yertle, Today, 08:38 AM
                5 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
                Started by frankthearm, Today, 09:08 AM
                2 responses
                0 likes