• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT 7 Run (or install?) error - "Unable to connect to database..."

First time install by a novice user.

OS = W7 64 bit
    .NET = 4.0 (+ all latest updates)

Initial download/install is OK. I then try to run the app (either x86 or x64) and get the error message:

"Unable to connect to database..." (I have attached a screen clip of the actual message.)

I was wondering if I'm having problems because of the .NET version I have??

I have tried uninstalling .NET 4.0 and re-installing 3.5 but Windows does not not seem to accept it. i.e. literally nothing happens :-o

I have uninstalled NT 7 several times and rebooted but still the same issue.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Marty
    Attached Files

Hello Marty,

Welcome to the NinjaTrader Forum.

NinjaTrader requires various Microsoft components to run, one of which is SQL compact Edition. Currently you may not have SQL Compact Edition or possibly have the incorrect version of SQL Compact Edition installed.
    Please follow the below steps below to ensure the correct version of SQL Compact Edition is installed on your PC. If you are not entirely comfortable performing the steps below, please let me know and we can setup a time for a remote support session.
    • Navigate to the Windows Control Panel
    • Add and remove software/programs
    • Uninstall any SQL Compact Editions you see, if none are present you may ignore this step and continue onto the next step
    • Install latest SQL Compact Edition 3.5 Update 4 which is available here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2516828/en-us
    • Once you run the downloaded file it will ask you for a directory to extract the installer to. Point this to a temporary directory that you will be able to quickly locate later, such as the desktop
    • Navigate to the aforementioned directory in which the files have been extracted to (there will be two files)
    • SSCERuntime_x86-ENU.msi - Run this one first
    • SSCERuntime_x64-ENU.msi - No need to run this if you are on a 32 bit system, if you are on a 64 bit system you will also need to run this file, if you are not sure if you have a 64 bit system go ahead and run this file. If you are not using a 64 Bit operating system, the installer will cancel itself automatically
    • Follow the installation steps outlined in the installation wizard
    • Once installed you will need to restart your PC
    • You will now be able to launch NinjaTrader 7

If you are unable to launch NinjaTrader 7 after making these changes, please send a note to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com with ATTN: Patrick in the subject line.

Reference Post: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...12&postcount=3
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickH; 10-20-2011, 01:15 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Sparkyboy, Today, 10:57 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post Sparkyboy  
    Started by TheMarlin801, 10-13-2020, 01:40 AM
    21 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post Bidder