why is the cross hair slow ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why is the cross hair slow ?

First, NT8 needs a lot more PC Power then NT7. But ok. I have build a new PC. Very fast (the newest i7 7700k). Now everything in NT8 works fast enough.

Only one thing is still slow :
    The crosshair from NT8 . On a full size Chart (1980 x1080) it is very slow and nearly unusable . Why this ?

But one thing :
    On the main monitor. The crosshair ist fast enough.
    On any second Monitor the crosshair is slow.

I have test this behavior on 2 different PC. One Only with 2 Monitors and 2 charts, the other one with 9 Monitors and a lot of charts. The same thing. On the Mainmonitor : The crosshair ist fast enough. On any second Monitor : Very slow
    Why this difference ?

Greetings,

Thank you for your post. Please email us at PlatformSupport[at]NinjaTrader[dot]com, referencing this post by copy and pasting the URL from your browsers address bar.
    Kenneth D.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

This is a long standing issue that they have not fixed. It has nothing to do with your computer hardware, the issue is present on other high spec computers. There is nothing we can do to fix it until they debug Ninjatrader 8 short of not using crosshairs at all.

Comment

I am having the same problem. NT8 is too slow to work with.

I am a live license customer. Please fix this bug ASAP.

Many thanks,

Sandor

Comment

Yep same problem here. Completely unusable on second or more screen when a single charts is maximized.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your posts.

For this matter it may be prudent to write into [email protected] with your log and trace files so that we may more thoroughly find details of what could be causing the issue.

Please reference this post in your email so we may link the two together. http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...ad.php?t=96386

Please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to your response so I may investigate this matter further.

Open your NinjaTrader folder under Documents.
            Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
            Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to your email
            Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.
            Justin S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by Tremblinghandtrader View Post
              Yep same problem here. Completely unusable on second or more screen when a single charts is maximized.
              That is a true statement.

Comment

If you guys want the cross hairs to move faster
                just move your mouse quicker.

- lol just joking - I have complained about the same issue way back.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_JustinS View Post
                  Hello,

Thank you for your posts.

For this matter it may be prudent to write into [email protected] with your log and trace files so that we may more thoroughly find details of what could be causing the issue.
                  It happens on two different machines. One a completely fresh windows install only 3 weeks ago. So its either a computer performance issue. Or something very wrong with NT8.

Comment

If there was going to be some smoking gun crashlog that would show why multimonitor global crosshairs setups sometimes perform abysmally you'd've collected it by now in one of the other dozens of "NT8 charts feel like they run at 8 fps" threads.

It should not be hard to reproduce this issue... everyone I know who uses NT8 knows the charts lag.

At a certain point it feels like this issue isnt going to be solved. I keep seeing little optimization patch notes but ive never seen an admission that theres a real problem for a significant number of people. It usually ends up in a rep blaming the users hardware or disappearing after taking logs.

So, Is it fixable? Do you know what it is? Do we have a timeline?

Comment

There have not been consistent or reproducible steps as of yet to further narrow down and resolve crosshair performance permanently because there are many variables involved between individual PCs which can contribute to the issue. However, we are tracking this internally as SFT-1592.

The best case scenario for a solution is to follow the instructions and send us your log, trace, and workspace files so we can analyze your particular setup and eliminate any known issues. These details are crucial:
                      • Local crosshair or global crosshair?
                      • DirectX HW Rendering or SW Rendering? (this is in your trace file)
                      • VPS or Mac or Native Windows?
                      • CPU and video card models? Is it an older video card? Are the drivers up-to-date? Is hardware acceleration enabled?
                      • Size of the monitor: is it a 4K monitor or standard? Does user have problem on full screen chart or 1/4 screen charts?

Comment

Slow Cross Hair

Has this issue being resolved? My cross hair is very slow on NT8, however its fine on NT7. I have an ATI FirePro 2450 Quad display card.

Comment

The Development Team is still actively working on improving crosshair performance in NinjaTrader 8, however, I have no additional information at this time.

The reason you experience a difference in crosshair performance between NinjaTrader 7 and NinjaTrader 8 is because NinjaTrader 7 did not use the graphics card for charting, while NinjaTrader 8 relies on the graphics card heavily. Therefore, the graphics card of your PC can impact chart performance heavily in NinjaTrader 8, where it would not have done so in NinjaTrader 7.

After researching your video card, it appears to be about 8 years old. I suspect that you are running into a performance limitation due to your graphics card. I would suggest looking into upgrading to a newer more powerful graphics card that ideally exceeds the minimum specifications from the installation guide:

Comment

Hard to believe this is not fixed yet. The issue is very pronounced when using a 4K display (especially if you maximize the window). From 20,000 feet, it would seem the issue is you are re-rendering the entire window for each mouse move (or trying to).

I am not as familiar with WPF, but pre-WPF it was super easy to do this, you just draw the cross hair in xor mode. On each mouse move, you draw in xor mode to remove, then draw at the new location. Super easy and fast. There must be something similar in WPF as other applications are able to do this type of operation.

Comment

Originally posted by aslane View Post
                              Hard to believe this is not fixed yet. The issue is very pronounced when using a 4K display (especially if you maximize the window). From 20,000 feet, it would seem the issue is you are re-rendering the entire window for each mouse move (or trying to).

I am not as familiar with WPF, but pre-WPF it was super easy to do this, you just draw the cross hair in xor mode. On each mouse move, you draw in xor mode to remove, then draw at the new location. Super easy and fast. There must be something similar in WPF as other applications are able to do this type of operation.

They'd rather just blame everyone's video hardware even though I used their program with a GTX 1070 and an OC'd 4.5ghz rig. I'd pay for NT8 again if they got their act together, but they refuse to dedicate some reasonable time to overhauling the terrible approach they're using to drawing charts that lags on a 2017 gaming computer.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
                              168 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post sidlercom80  
                              Started by Barry Milan, Yesterday, 10:35 PM
                              3 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred