Bug Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bug Report

Sometime when backtesting, it gets stuck on the "Saving" I think after loading new data. Not very often. It just hangs there, no CPU usage and clicking Abort just makes it hang on "Aborting". Closing Ninja from the task manager seem to be the only way to close it.

Also I once had the "X" box in place of the charts and Ninja saying it needed to close, however this problem seems to be much reduced over 6.5. It only happen once when I was resizing the graph window while resizing the graph.

Also I can't load some of my fav indicators, like MA Slopeplot, some error about the name possibly already in use or file missing (maybe the indicators need updating for NT7).

Overall though a big improvment over NT 6.5. It's great to see all those CPU Cores at 100% !

Originally posted by webart View Post
    Sometime when backtesting, it gets stuck on the "Saving" I think after loading new data. Not very often. It just hangs there, no CPU usage and clicking Abort just makes it hang on "Aborting". Closing Ninja from the task manager seem to be the only way to close it.

Also I once had the "X" box in place of the charts and Ninja saying it needed to close, however this problem seems to be much reduced over 6.5. It only happen once when I was resizing the graph window while resizing the graph.

Also I can't load some of my fav indicators, like MA Slopeplot, some error about the name possibly already in use or file missing (maybe the indicators need updating for NT7).

Overall though a big improvment over NT 6.5. It's great to see all those CPU Cores at 100% !
    Thanks for the report.

#1 Backtesting - If there is anything you can think of that is common to when you see this problem, please let us know, ultimately a reproducible scenario desired.

#2 X on Chart - Can you reproduce this? Any common things when this happens? What type of chart, what indicators are on it etc..

#3 Indicators - Yes, you for sure need to go through and make indicators compatible with NT7.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ok, I'll take more notice next time of exactly what I was doing and report back.

I have another one that happens sometimes. The optimization tries to load historical data and I get and error about half way through the loading, the 'Error On LoadChart for XXXX Connection to the server is busy or not available now. Please try again latter"

Once I get it, the only way to stop the error from reoccuring immediatel when I press Optimize, is to disconnect from my account (Gain) and reconnect. It seems to happen when loading new data to an instrument that hasn't had data before. At the moment its happening everytime I try to load Range data for AUD/USD (even after reconnecting)

I tried 2 different ISP's but the result is the same, I think both connections are stable.

Comment

To recreate the last error, trying loading Tick data on AUD/USD since 1/1/2007. I can load minute data ok, but not Tick or range.

Comment

Hello,

I will have someone reply to you on Monday. Thank you for your patience.
          DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello webart,

Unfortunately the error indicates the connection to the server is not there anymore. Please proceed as per your subscription. Restart NinjaTrader and try again.

Note that loading 3 years of historical tick is quite a lot of data. I am testing the AUDUSD right now, but it is still loading on my end.

Do you see any other connection errors in the Log-tab?
            JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

In addition, the optimization just finished on my end and I did not experience the error. Please try the optimization once more and check if you now receive the error.

Comment

I made a new install on a new Windows VPS on a 100mbit connection and had no troubles, must have been my crappy internet here at home.

The only problem I have running on a VPS, is that using Windows Remote desktop, when you run an Optimization and leave the remote desktop and come back to it latter, it crashes NT, with a big X in the box where the graphs should be.
                This was a problem with NT6.5 also, I tried reinstalling dot Net 3.5 etc but it didnt help and now it does it on this brand new XP VPS (32bit) (the 6.5 box was 32bit Vista and not a VPS).

I think using VNC isn't a problem though, its only Windows Remote Desktop.

Regards
                Steve

Comment

Can you please provide the log/trace files for when the x occurs? Thank you.
                  Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

OK, I deliberately crashed it and sent the trace from NT.

Comment

Hello webart,

We tried to reproduce the issue on our end, however we were unable to reproduce it.

We do not experience the big X or a crash when performing an optimization via Windows Remote. However once the optimization was finished, the remote connection was closed down. The optimization did not have focus for the full time when we tested.

Please let us know if you have reproducible steps, so we can test the issue on our end.

Comment

HI,

What you have to do is run the optimization on the VPS via RDT with the optimization screen visible (ie not minimized) then leave the RDT session by minimizing the RDT session (not closing it down) and then go back a minute or so later. It produces the X box and NT crash about 50% of the time.

I have found the minimizing the optimization window before leaving RDT prevents the issue as a work around.

Comment

In our testing via RDT access the SA optimization window was open all the time, I was for example just working in different programs on the PC I was logging in from...so the RDT screen was minimized as this occurred, it does not happen when I remotely view an optimization run from start to finish.
                          BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Took me 3 tries to create the crash. Same results on 3 different PC's, 2 Vista's and 1 XP, 1 VPS and 2 physical.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Hello webart,

Ok, so the crash does not occur consistently when you minimize the RDT window, correct? Was there anything you did differently during the occurrence compared to the 2 attempts that did not resulted in the crash?

In addition, could you perhaps record a video that includes the steps to reproduce the issue? You can record video's for free using Jing frm the link below.
                              Screen capture and recording software for Windows and Mac. Quickly get images and videos. Start your free trial today!
                              Last edited by NinjaTrader_Jason; 03-26-2010, 06:29 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by cre8able, Today, 03:20 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post cre8able  
                              Started by Fran888, 02-16-2024, 10:48 AM
                              3 responses
                              0 likes