Daytime session hours only showing on Tick charts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daytime session hours only showing on Tick charts

I am using both the licensed and free version of Ninjatrader and am having a problem with chart updates outside of daytime session hours. Bars on my charts only show up during the daytime session when using tick charts. I have also been unable to load complete data when switching to time based charts. My session times on my chart properties are 12AM to 12 AM.

With the free version, although I leave Ninjatrader running, my tick charts stop updating at 4:30PM ET. In the morning I don't get any chart updates before 9:30 ET. My data feed is IB and seems to be working fine as I get 24 hour chart updates, both live and historical, using the same feed with Sierra Charts. I have a secondary feed from Trading Technologies and have the same problem when using their data.

I've stripped all indicators off my template and the problem still occurs. With time based charts I do seem to get a small amount of data outside of the daytime market session. I've also been unable to find any reference to this problem in the forums.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

1.) Please make sure you are on the latest version of NinjaTrader 6.5.1000.9. You can check under Help --> About.
    If not, please download from this link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/do...g_software.htm

2.) Also make sure you are on TWS 892 from this page: http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/su...ivebrokers.htm

If you are up to date, please let me know what instrument this issue appears on so I can test.
    Ray S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Chart data problem

I am using the current version of Ninjatrade as listed below. After upgrading TWS to the version listed I am still unable to load historical tick data outside of daytime market hours using either Trading Technologies and IB (for free license), or IB (for paid license). A 5 minute chart seems to load correctly, but that's happened a few times before, though not consistently.

I'm using is the June contract of YM.

Thanks.

Comment

This is expected, as we do not support IB's Tick data. Please see this link: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...ricalData.html

Comment

IB and Trading Technologies data

Live tick data has not been loading after hours from IB. According to the chart you reference Trading Technologies is supported for historical tick data. That doesn't work either.

Comment

Can you please send a note to Support AT NinjaTrader DOT com and put ATTN: Ray Stein in the subject and reference this thread?
            Please also include you TT connection information so I can create your connection and test that on my end.

Thank you!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
            168 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post sidlercom80  
            Started by Barry Milan, Yesterday, 10:35 PM
            3 responses