Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Multi Instrument and Simulated Data Feed (maybe bug?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multi Instrument and Simulated Data Feed (maybe bug?)

Hi,

I dont know, if it is a bug or not (it seems to be). I attached 2 screenshots.

On the first one you can see running both chart without strategy.

On the second one i marked the points:
    1. If i run the strategy with the right chart (i waited 5 minits to be seen on the chart), and in that strategy i added the Intrument of the left chart (MultiInstrument), the left chart refreshment will stop. I tested, and the cause is the MultiInstrument /Add() method/.
    2. The stop can be seen on the time x axis, as well.
    3. Because of visibility i change to rising trend, and the price difference can be seen also.
    I tested:
    • The refreshment of the left chart will be correct if i disconnect and then connect agian. But the pass time is missing.
    • This bug(?) is only at Simulated Data Feed. Live and Market Replay Connection it works.
    Attached Files

Hi tamas, please consider that the simulated data feed is a canned price feed for testing of settings and that is does not deliver historical data.

Do you see the same issue with the SampleMultiTimeFrame strategy?
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
      Hi tamas, please consider that the simulated data feed is a canned price feed for testing of settings and that is does not deliver historical data.
      Sorry, if i misunderstand anything. I understand, but I cannot grasp what you wrote. I did not talk about historical data.

Do you see the same issue with the SampleMultiTimeFrame strategy?
      I cannot, because I deleted the instrument in it. The reproduction of the bug:
      1. Open an EURUSD chart. (1 minute)
      2. Open an EURGBP chart. (1 minute)
      3. Connect to the Simulation Data Feed. (Both charts are working.)
      4. Run the attached strategy on the EURGBP chart. There is nothing in it, only one row:
        Code:
        Add("$EURUSD", PeriodType.Minute, 1);
      The result:
      • EURGBP chart is working.
      • EURUSD chart does not working. It stopped and did not draw any bars, the prices did not change.
      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks I will test this and get back to you!

Comment

Hi tamas, tried to reproduce this using your steps, both charts continue to work as expected on my end. Do you see any error in the Log tab of the Control Center when your EURUSD stops updating? Thanks!

Comment

It is interesting, I check it and will come back.

Comment

...Do you see any error in the Log tab of the Control Center when your EURUSD stops updating? Thanks!
              Hi Bertrand,

The bug unambiguously came up at me. Please download this file, there are 3 videos and the trace file in it. (11 Mbyte)

http://www.astrowo.com/NT/samplebug.zip
              • log.wmv: introduces what the screenshots are shown in the original post.
              I switched on some optionson the Diagnostic tab:
              • diagnostic.wmv: introduces the same as log.wmv, but an error message is came up on the screen.
              • diagnostic2.wmv: introduces, that with the switched on Diagnostoc options, practically all the loadings of the charts show error messages.
              Note1: the order of the videos in the trace file:
              1. diagnostic.wmv
              2. diagnostic2.wmv
              3. log.wmv
              Note2: I could only start NT (and switched off Diagnostic options) after the switched on Diagnostic options, if I took out the workspace.xml files out from the directory because it continiously show error messages because of the loading of the charts.

(Note3: the record was made on the first monitor from the two, that's why it could be seen that I move the opened windows from the "nothing" to the other monitor.)

If you need anything else, please do not hesitate!

Comment

I forgot: the log tab can be seen in the videos.

Comment

Thank you I will review your files and be back in touch shortly.

Comment

Thank you I will review your files and be back in touch shortly.
                    Hello,

Could you find out anything about the bug?

The bug can be reproduced at the newly installed version (6.5.1000.9), as well.

Comment

Hi tamas, sorry for my late reply, I couldn't reproduce it on my end - have you tried a complete fresh install of the new 6.5.1000.9 with also removing the MyDocuments > NinjaTrader 6.5 folder?

Please do a backup of your custom files before this step - http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...upArchive.html

Comment

Hi tamas, sorry for my late reply, I couldn't reproduce it on my end - have you tried a complete fresh install of the new 6.5.1000.9 with also removing the MyDocuments > NinjaTrader 6.5 folder? ....
                        Ok, i will try, but only tomorrow.

I kept that state, when i recorded movies. (MyDocuments > NinjaTrader 6.5 folder) If i upload it, will you check that on your end?

Comment

Hi tamas, not sure I follow - if you have another movie demonstrating this on your end, I can definitely check it out. I would however recommend trying the clean install first. Thanks!

Comment

Hi tamas, not sure I follow - if you have another movie demonstrating this on your end, I can definitely check it out. I would however recommend trying the clean install first. Thanks!
                            OK, i will come back

Comment

Hello Bertrand,

Movie after clean install. (15 Mbyte)

I have done it and the bug clearly exists, but I have found two important thing.
                              1. See the differencies. There are some which are choosen from the list and there are some which are choosen by hand. (eg.: the first two were choosen from the list, the third and the fourth one are written by me.)
                              2. When i choose the fourth one by hand (the second one is EURGBP), the second one stopps (first one EURGBP). (No any strategy added!)
                              There are some rumpus, but it can be seen clearly that something is not good.

If you need anything else, please write me.
                              Last edited by tamas; 03-24-2009, 06:51 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by jclose, Today, 09:37 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post jclose
                              by jclose

Started by WeyldFalcon, 08-07-2020, 06:13 AM
                              10 responses
                              0 likes