Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

You have custom ninja script files on your pc...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The same problem

Hello,

I have recently instaled 64 bit verison of the Ninja Trader. Unfortunatelly there is a problem with importing a new Ninja script. There alway appears: You have custom ninja script files on your pc that have programming errors. These errors must be resolved before you can import a ninja script".

I had not had this problem before I instaled the 64 bit version. Previous 32 bit version worked properly.

My free license key is: @SIM-F82F-D583-40B1-AE74-B79F-705D-1952

I tried to find out which indicators couses the problem by triing to compile them in the ninja script editor (Tools - Edit Ninja script - Indicator - dubble clic on the specific indicator - F5 (compile). Afterwards appeared a message:

"The following Ninja Script files have programming erors and must be resolved before compiling. " Bellow this message was error: CS0006 (a file with metadata). I have no idea what this means and how to solve the problem.

Could you please help me?

Best regards,

Jonas Mucha

Comment

Jonas, think it would be easiest if we took a quick remote look at the issue via TeamViewer, would that be ok for you? To set this up please get in touch with us via sending an email to support at ninjatrader dot com mentioned this thread here. Thanks.
      BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Bartrand,

on what email exactely I suppose to send an email with the thread?

Thank you,

Jonas

Comment

Jonas, please either use the Help >> Mail to Support feature in NinjaTrader directly or email us at

support at ninjatrader dot com (at is @ and the dot a .)
          BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Metadata file could not be found error

Please see attached photo...I have deleted all Bloodhound indicators from my list....can you advise what I need to do to be able to compile with no errors.

Thanks
            Attached Files

Comment

Mike, open any indicator for editing and right click in the editor. Select References. Look for references to the deleted indicator dll's and remove them. Close window, compile indicator, close editor. You should be ok.

Dan
              eDanny
              NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Integrity Traders

Comment

thanks....mission accomplished!!!

Comment

NinjaScript Error

i have tried what is listed as the solution. i have deleted all custom scripts. it still will not allow me to either import new scripts or to remove assemblies.

how do i do a clean install?
                  Last edited by trader1512; 04-30-2014, 10:30 AM.

Comment

Hello trader1512,

Thank you for your post.

A complete uninstall and re install is not necessary to resolve this matter. Please send me a screenshot of the error with the name and description fields clearly readable.

To send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CRTL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

Comment

Impossible import indicators

Hello there. I have a problem: "You have custom ninja script files on your pc that have programming errors. These errors must be resolved before you can import a ninja script achieve file" I was do all the things recomend in this thread but nothing work.
                      And other message appear:"The following Ninja Script files have programming erors and must be resolved before compiling. " Bellow this message was error: CS0006 (a file with metadata)
                      I attach the screenshot. Can you help me ?
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by victrader9815; 06-29-2014, 09:49 AM.

Comment

Hello victrader9815,

Thank you for your post.

This indicates you are missing some required reference DLL's or have corrupted ones listed - please follow the steps below to rectify the errors.
                        • In Control Center menu bar go to Tools > Edit NinjaScript > Indicator
                        • In the indicator dialog select any indicator and click on the 'Ok' button.

This will open the NinjaScript editor for you :
                        • Right click in the code section of the NinjaScript editor.
                        • In the context menu click on 'References'
                        • In the Reference dialog, if a reference to the noted DLL files exists already then select the DLL's which are giving errors one by one and click on the 'Remove' button.

After removing, add back the reference with the right path :
                        • In the Reference dialog, Click on the 'Add' button.
                        • Select all the missing DLL's (located in the Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom\ folder or in the NinjaTrader installation folder, typically C:\Program Files (x86)\NinjaTrader 7\bin64) one by one and then click 'Ok'. [Please adjust if needed for 32 bit setup]
                        • Compile the indicator now by pressing F5.
                        • The issues should be resolved and your NT should be again in properly compiled state

Please also see the section "How to add a reference" from our help guide

If you run into any issues fixing the issue with the steps provided please let us know and we can setup a remote assistance session with one of our techs.

Comment

Hello I use the File->Utilities->ExportNinjaScript... path to export my own custom indicators.

1. When I select ONLY Export selected source files and Import this export files on other PCs, I didn't get an error message during the import process, all works fine.

2. When I do the same steps but select Export compiled assembly of selected source files and Protect compiled assemblies I get for the import step with the same file for other PCs this error message:
                          "Imported failed. The NinjaScript Archive File may contain duplicate method names that already exist on your PC . . ."

So my question, why comes this error mesage up when I only change in the export from Export selected source files (which works in the import fine) to the second Export compiled assembly of the selected source files ?

For testing I install the ninja trader R24 completly new on a second PC and start the import process again but I get the same error message.

Additional information: for my custom indicators the export process added the system indicators @EMA, @WMA, @MIN, @MAX

Thanks for your help, Chris
                          Last edited by schranzi9; 07-13-2014, 05:42 AM.

Comment

Have a look at your log and trace files of the PC that you used for importing the assembly.

The assembly may not contain any indicator or enum which has a name identical to a file already in use. The trace file should name the file which causes the problem.

Comment

Hello schranzi9,

Thank you for your post.

If the source files are still in your installation and you attempt to import an assembly with the same files in it you would then have duplicate references to the same files. In addition, what Harry mentions on the enum can also be true.

Comment

Attempt to Import Archive File

(5,213 views?)

I've located a Ninja Script File on the Ninja Trader forum that I want to import into my NT platform (it's a ninja script file that provides the ability to dock the drawing tools to the margin of the chart; here's the link to the forum entry: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ad.php?t=57677).

Here's the link to the archive / zip file itself: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...catid=6&id=530

File > Utilities > Import NinjaScript, error message:
                                "You have custom NinjaScript files on your PC that have programming errors. These errors must be resolved before you can import a NinjaScript Archive File."

Tools > Edit NinjaScript > "any indicator" > compile F5 :

The following NinjaScript file(s) have programming errors and must be resolve before compiling:

Metadata file 'C:\Program FIles (x86)\NinjaTrader 7\bin\NinjaTrader.Core.dll' could not be found

Metadata file 'C:\Program FIles (x86)\NinjaTrader 7\bin\WilsonORMapper.dll' could not be found

New user, Installed NT about a week ago (see about attachment)

Please advise what I can do to resolve this issue to import the archive file.

Thank you.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by frankthearm, Today, 09:08 AM
                                3 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton  
                                Started by yertle, Today, 08:38 AM
                                5 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
                                Started by adeelshahzad, Today, 03:54 AM
                                3 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
                                Started by bill2023, Yesterday, 08:51 AM
                                6 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post NinjaTrader_Erick  
                                Started by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB, 01-08-2017, 06:59 PM
                                80 responses
                                5 likes
                                Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                                Working...
                                X