Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Need help with what chart style to use in bollinger.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help with what chart style to use in bollinger.

Hello.
    I use bollingerbands,rsi, and volma as indicators.
    I use chart style as follows..
    Prise based on = last
    Type=Day
    Value=1
    Chart style=Line on close
    Line width=2

And recently i got a suggestion on a forum..
    "You need hlc data to do more meaningful TA. Close alone is not telling."
    Now i wonder what I should use ?
    I am what you call a swing trader not a day trader.
    But this is my first year as a trader and I think Bollinger,RSI,and Volma works well.
    Please give me some help in this.

Hello Draven,

Welcome to the NinjaTrader forums!

You can choose a different input series when applying the indicator. Choose input series under the indicator parameters and then specify either median, typical, or weighted as possible alternatives.

We don't provide support for indicator interpretation but hopefully you can receive response from other community members.
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_RyanM1; 12-29-2010, 03:32 PM.
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RyanM View Post
      Hello Draven,

Welcome to the NinjaTrader forums!

You can choose a different input series when applying the indicator. Choose input series under the indicator parameters and then specify either median, typical, or weighted as possible alternatives.

We don't provide support for indicator interpretation but hopefully you can receive response from other community members.
      Ok thanks I tested that but did not see so much difference, i will be waitning for other members and their suggestions then.

Comment

"Chart style = line on close"

This form of charting will not give you as much information as is available to you. Using OHLC bars or Candlesticks will show you the open, high, low, and close for each period, whereas a line on close will only show you the closing price for the period. Making the switch to bars or candles will make a big difference in the amount of information you will have on a chart.

You will, of course, then need to learn how to interpret the price patterns and other analysis techniques that come with using bars and candles...

Beyond that, it comes into the area of personal preference and trading styles, and is a huge kettle of fish there....

Personally I would suggest opening several charts of varying time periods so you can find where you are in the market., , a weekly and a monthly and a shorter time frame, say 30min or 5min, (depending on the market and types of trading you are doing eg intra day or longer term buy and hold etc.)

When you say you are a swing trader, what do you mean by that? Being one does necessarily exclude being a day trader.
        Last edited by Antraman; 12-29-2010, 07:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Antraman View Post
          When you say you are a swing trader, what do you mean by that? Being one does necessarily exclude being a day trader.
          Thanks for the help.
          I am doing trades in 3-6 months, shorter if i get a good signal. But not in one day..

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Christopher_R, Today, 12:29 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Christopher_R  
          Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
          166 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post sidlercom80