Give NT Account warning on each NT restart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Give NT Account warning on each NT restart

Help > NT Account balance > 'Warning' field sets a one-shot warning that is issued when NT Account balance drops below the value specified.

Please change NT so that in addition to the one-shot warning, reissue a warning at every NT startup when the NT Account is below the specified value.

Thanks for the suggestion.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

It bit me again today

Ray,

When the NT Account warning went off Thursday I didn't give it the full attention that it requires. Funny how these always go off when you are entering a trade and distractions are the last thing that you need. Well, the warning got paged out of my short term memory and was lost.

Friday I enter my third trade of the day with a strategy and NT says that I can not enter any more trades because my tribute account was empty. It entered the sell order but it was *****ing about my stop orders in the strategy. So I go thru the process and buy more tribute. Now my short trade is there without any stops, so I carefully watch it and when it has a nice profit I click the Close button. Again, I get the ***** message that I can't enter trades because it thinks that my NT Account with $100 is still empty. Oh yeah, I now remember that you have to start and stop NT before the left hand will tell the right hand what it did.

I was able to keep most of my profit in the trade but next time this could cost me a lot. Will you help me by removing this annoyance from NT and add automatic refilling of the NT Account feature to NT?

There are things that could be done programmatically to reduce the pain of this goofy process but why not just let me agree that when my NT account reaches $xx then buy $xx more with the same method that I use to pay for NT every month? If this costs you something to do then add on a couple of bucks for your trouble.

Please give me something more substantial than a "Thanks for the suggestion" reply.
      Last edited by Jim W.; 02-22-2008, 11:27 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by Mizzouman1, Today, 07:35 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post Mizzouman1  
      Started by i019945nj, 12-14-2023, 06:41 AM
      6 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post i019945nj