Strategy Analyzer not running when clicking 'Backtest'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategy Analyzer not running when clicking 'Backtest'

I decided to run a quick backtest in a Strategy Analyzer on my trading workstation. It refused to run. The results window disappeared for a second and then reappeared with the default values for dates and zeros for everything. Not even the chosen instrument was shown.

Normally I don't ever run the Strategy Analyzer on this machine, I run just the strategies live in the Strategies tab and check the charts.

On my dev box I run backtests all the time, it works fine there.

I checked the normal things: I had an instrument selected, I had enough historical data, I ran SampleMACrossover - nothing helped.

Eventually I restarted NT7 and I was able to run the Strategy Analyzer again. It's a big hassle because I had to stop all my strategies and restart them.

This is NT 64 bit 7.0.1000.1 on Win 7.

adamus, it would be helpful if you could attach or forward your logs / traces for review, so we could check if there are any insights found in them why the issue occured - were you seeing this for multiple symbols you tried or just for some, were you connected live at that time or not?
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Bertrand,

here are the files.

I was connected to my live trading account and running strategies live, yes.

I was trying to run the strategy analyzer on GBP/USD but when that didn't work I tried several other instruments, none of which worked.
      Attached Files

Comment

adamus, there's nothing really sticking out except conflicts on your custom logging process which is likely the culprit here -

08/03/2011 10:14:42|0|4|setupLogging(): file write error for file name 'C:\Users\Adam\Documents\NTlogs\ForexMorningTrade-$GBPUSD-LS-15Min.log' Error 'The process cannot access the file 'C:\Users\Adam\Documents\NTlogs\ForexMorningTrade-$GBPUSD-LS-15Min.log' because it is being used by another process.'
        08/03/2011 10:14:42|0|4|writeToFile(): file write error for file name 'C:\Users\Adam\Documents\NTlogs\ForexMorningTrade-$GBPUSD-LS-15Min.log' Error 'Object reference not set to an instance of an object.'
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I think that must be it. However I'm surprised it disabled the whole Strategy Analyzer until I restarted. Especially without giving me any clue about it.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by WeyldFalcon, 12-10-2020, 06:48 PM
          14 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Handclap0241  
          Started by Barry Milan, Today, 10:35 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Barry Milan