Can't connect to Rithmic ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't connect to Rithmic ...

For some reason my platform has been unable to connect to my Rithmic data feed since last night. This is out of the blue - have had no issues since moving my account over to Ninja well over a month ago. Checked Account Connections tab and nothing has changed.
    Is maintenance being performed? Please advise as I need the connection to do my weekend research / replays.

Can't connect here either.

Probably maint.

Comment

Thanks Sledge ...

... I'm hoping that's the case. Wouldn't it be nice if they notified us of maintenance periods so we wouldn't have to waste time calling (and not getting an answer) or trying to ferret out any issues on our end of the equation? Just sayin' ... it wouldn't be hard to send out a pop up notice or e-mail to all users.
      Still hoping for a response from the Ninja folks.
      Again, thanks for your reply - much appreciated.

Comment

You are unlikely to get a response until later today (it's the weekend), and it would probably be the same type of response, 'weekends have maintenance at times', but it won't be anything that they can confirm.

Panic mode usually sets in around 5 pm on Sunday evening for non connects.

Comment

Ahhh ... gotcha. Thanks again.

Comment

Same Problem Here!
            It is very unprofessional of them not to have their Status on a Web page that users could
            see. This should especially be posted in advance when done for scheduled maintenance.

~J

Comment

Thank you everyone for posting.

Sledge is correct that Rithmic is undergoing weekend maintenance.

They are expecting to have this up and running later this evening

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.
              Cal H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Cal ...

... Well, to be redundant and blunt, further assistance would be to have a brief message sent regarding the scheduled (or especially unscheduled) maint. -- I can't imagine that would be terribly difficult to accomplish.
                Possible for you to ask that question of the decision makers on your end? It would be very customer friendly and very easy to bring about.

Thanks.

-david

Comment

TakingStock12,

I do apologize for the inconvenience of this matter but please understand that we do not dictate the schedule for the weekend maintenance for Rithmic, and was not aware of anything until this morning after receiving multiple reports from other users and confirming with Rithmic.
                  Cal H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I see. So, how can Ninja contact Rithmic and let them know an alert needs to be forwarded to all those who depend on their data? I would do it myself but I'm sure my request would be ignored. Rithmic is a Ninja business partner - they will listen to your higher ups. Can you at least float the request with someone at Ninja who can at least make the request?
                    Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Cal View Post
                      TakingStock12,

I do apologize for the inconvenience of this matter but please understand that we do not dictate the schedule for the weekend maintenance for Rithmic, and was not aware of anything until this morning after receiving multiple reports from other users and confirming with Rithmic.
                      So Ok, Its not your Fault. But why can't you at minimum Post the status when you know it such that anyone who needs to figure out did Ninja Crash and I need to re-install vs. Someone doing Maintenance can just check a Web location.

Comment

NT in conjunction with Rithmic is able to be connected to now; don't know what time that Rithmic maintenance was completed but when I got up this morning I was able to connect.

I have emailed Rithmic asking if they could activate some sort of group email advisory for Rithmic Users to advise of scheduled/unscheduled maintenance and associated downtime; or at least, use their Advisory Page on their webpage.

Comment

UPDATE from Rithmic.... following exert from email response from Rithmic:

"we do not sponsor a Rithmic user group per se. our weekly maintenance window is from Friday evening through Sunday early afternoon. systems may be down, up and down, or parts of systems may be down. perhaps we could construct a page accessible from our website that would indicate system status"

Comment

Thanks for your replies,

If you are unable to connect at this time please write into platfromsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com
                            BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
                            16 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post Leafcutter  
                            Started by WHICKED, Today, 12:45 PM
                            2 responses
                            0 likes