Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stoploss/TakeProfit/Unable to right click/etc

Hello,

I just recently started using Ninjatrader to do some paper trading and have found the process to do anything in here completely infuriating... I have run into a multitude of issues such as from being unable to have historical data load before the selected day so I normally cannot place a trade until 3-4 days into the start of the replay because it has to load before my indicators will tell me any useful information.

I was hoping I could get my multitude of issues resolved without having to scour the forum for hours trying to find these answers as I've already spent quite alot of time already with no luck...

Please be easy on me as I do know these are probably very silly questions.

1. Take Profit / Stop Loss (Before and after the order is placed...) How do I do this?

2. How do I populate historical data before my selected replay date? (9/30/13 (i want to load the month prior))

3. Sometimes I am unable to right click on my chart while I was initially able to do so... Anyway to fix this? Am I pressing a button that is causing this?

4. How do I center the graph on the current price? (the graph was going off screen randomly)

5. Is it possible to change the order form from contracts to lot size?

Thank you all for your support, and sorry for having such noobish questions...

Hello rcurran92,

Thank you for your post

1) This can be done with ATM Strategies.

Below is a link to the ATM Strategy section of our help guide.

Below is a link to the recording of our ATM Level I webinar on our YouTube channel.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

2) You will need to download the historical data to your PC from a data provider or download the data for use in Market Replay. Historical data saved to you PC can be used to back fill charts in Market Replay.

A list of supported connectivity providers is available at the link below.

3) Does your right mouse button work in other windows? Do you have any properties window open in NinjaTrader, or any window that may be taking focus?

4) You can press the [F] button in the upper right hand corner to enabled Auto Scale. Below is a link to the Navigating a Chart section of our help guide.

5) A value of M used in the order quantity field will represent one million. A value of 0.1M will equal 100,000 contracts or one standard lot.
    Christopher S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by thread, Yesterday, 11:58 PM
    1 response
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
    Started by stafe, Yesterday, 08:34 PM
    1 response
    0 likes