Profitunity Awesome Oscillator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Profitunity Awesome Oscillator

Hi, I use Ninja/Zen-Fire with cvb charts and use the Profitunity AO and Fractals as main indicators. I have found that after a trend up or down the fractal buy/sell signal does not line up with what should be the opposite colour on the AO.....always seems to be one AO bar out. Also It tends to give lots of red followed by green followed by red etc etc in rangebound markets.If I remove the AO and then apply it again to the chart the AO is completely changed and lines up with buy and sell signals at tops and bottoms (with bearish or bullish bar).
    When I look back at the previous day I find I have missed many trade entries. Any thoughts?

Regards Paul.

Paul,

The AO indicator was created as a 3rd party indicator. It was not thoroughly tested and is provided as-is. You may want to play with some of the CalculateOnBarClose settings to see if that helps.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Josh, thanks for the help. I ran two indicators side by side with both settings and changing to on close certainly made the difference

Thanks again Paul.

Comment

The way to do this is not to run two indicators side to side but one on top of the other in the same panel. At the bottom you have AO indicator without the calculate on close and paint all the bars with a single neutral color like yellow or gray. On top you have AO indicator with calculate on close with the default setting of green for positive and red for negative. Now you have something that is real-time with the right colors

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by love2code2trade, Yesterday, 01:45 PM
        4 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post love2code2trade  
        Started by funk10101, Today, 09:43 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post funk10101