Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Creating a Bar Counter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creating a Bar Counter

Hi,

Although I have been using NinjaTrader for a while, I am new to this forum and know nothing about creating indicators and such. I hope someone will guide me in the right direction.

I would like to create a feature that would enable me to count the number of bars on a chart from a certain point onward. Specifically, if I were to hold the cursor over a certain bar, let's call it Bar 0, and click the left mouse button, then as I move the cursor to the right, it would give me a numeric count. So if I moved the cursor, say, 15 bars to the right of Bar 0, the count would be 15. And if I were to move the cursor 10 bars to the left of Bar 0, the value would be -10. The reference point would be reset by a left click of the mouse elsewhere on the chart. That new reference point would then become the new Bar 0.

I would also like the feature to allow for immediate arithmetic calculation, so that the bar count can be modified by adding, subtracting, multiplying or dividing by a variable of my choosing. For example, if the bar count is 10 and I want the number to automatically be multiplied by 3, then the value displayed would be 30.

Finally, I'd like the Bar Counter to be displayed similarly to the Bar Timer indicator, however, rather than at the bottom right of the chart, perhaps at the top right.

Years ago, I subscribed to eSignal. That charting software had a bar counter which it displayed in the data box. I found it useful, and would like to see it in NinjaTrader.

If anyone could point me in the right direction, I'd be much obliged.

Regards,

One11

Hi One11, unfortunately picking points on a chart with the mouse is unsupported.
    AustinNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Does that mean there is no work-around? Can it be programmed somehow? If not, would such a feature ever be considered for a future NT release?

P.S. I inadvertently posted the same initial post in two different threads. Would you kindly delete the other one?

Comment

I'll just repeat what a coworker posted about this very issue earlier today, "this is possible with C# programming, but unfortunately outside of the supported scope."

Basically, most of the time when we say something is unsupported, it is possible, but we can't help you with programming unsupported features.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Austin View Post
          I'll just repeat what a coworker posted about this very issue earlier today, "this is possible with C# programming, but unfortunately outside of the supported scope."

Basically, most of the time when we say something is unsupported, it is possible, but we can't help you with programming unsupported features.
          Thank you for your response. Could you possibly recommend someone capable, familiar with NT and reasonably-priced who would be able to program this feature into NT for me? Also, would any programming I have added by a third party be automatically transferable into a subsequent version of NT?

Comment

I can't recommend a specific someone, but you could contact one of our 3rd party NinjaScript consultants.

The reason we say things are unsupported is because code can and does change with future versions of NinjaTrader and depending on what changes, any third party programming that relies on unsupported features could be broken.

Comment

Thank you. Much appreciated.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by ZenCortexCLICK, Today, 04:58 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post ZenCortexCLICK  
              Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM