Excessive Memory Usage in Market Analyzer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excessive Memory Usage in Market Analyzer

I have several Market Analyzer columns that I'm defining which take up an extreme amount of memory and essentially make the Market Analyzer unusable for the functions that I'm trying to perform.

The problem is that I'm specifying different DataSeries 'Type' and 'Value' settings for different columns, but there is apparently no way to limit the number of bars that get loaded on a column-by-column basis.

I know about the setting of '# of bars to look back' in the Market Analyzer Properties, and lowering that from its default value of 100 helps a little, but I would like to be able to do this for each individual column.

For instance, I have a column which is defined for 1440 minute (1 day) bars, and I don't want the Market Analyzer to load 100 days worth of data, when all I need to look at is the last couple of days. But for other columns, I may want to look at more than just a few days. So this problem could easily be solved if the number of bars to load were individually settable by column.

My request is that the Market Analyzer column definitions be changed to use the Properties setting as a default which would be used if a similar, proposed setting of '# of bars to look back' for the individual Column definition is never set.

I'm trying to make sure any requests I make are well explained and relatively simple, so hopefully there might be a chance they could be added to NinjaTrader version 7.

Thanks.

Hello,

Thank you for your post and suggestion.

I will forward this to development for future consideration.
    Ray S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by jclose, Today, 09:37 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post jclose
    by jclose

Started by WeyldFalcon, 08-07-2020, 06:13 AM
    10 responses