TD Ameritrade Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TD Ameritrade Help

I was just wondering how everything works for using the TDA external data feed into NT7. I have heard that I will get free real-time quotes, but I hardly believe that. I am fine with paying the $10 a month for NASDAQ level II quotes, but I can't see anything about getting realtime quotes from AMEX or NYSE. If anyone has a complete guide to the TDA connection and what it all offers you that would be great.

My overall goal is to be able to use NT7 as a charting service. I am looking at trying to get real time quotes and streaming chart data at the cheapest price possible due to my budget. I use to use Etrade as a platform, but I am currently really disliking the services and customer service they provide. TDA seems like the best option for me due to having a trading platform and data service all in one account.

Again, any info and insight would be great from anyone.

Hello sling6shot,

Welcome to the NinjaTrader forums!

TDAmeritrade is a brokerarge service as well so they typically provide the data feed for qualified accounts. You will have to contact them to find out the exact details on costs or minimum balances / transactions for their service. Once you establish an account, you can connect NinjaTrader to this for streaming quotes.

The following link will take you to a page that details the steps required for creating a connection to TD AMERITRADE and specific connection configuration information.

Click here to take me to the TD AMERITRADE Connection Guide
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the quick response, but kind of looking for some opinions from people who have used the connection before. Looking to see if I should go ahead and use TDA because it's my cheapest option, or if I should look at something like Interactive Brokers or MB Trading.

What is everyone's opinion on MB trading? Seems pretty decent. Only difference I see is that they provide historical real-time tick data. Any opinions on the need for that?
      Last edited by sling6shot; 12-29-2010, 01:28 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by Christopher_R, Today, 12:29 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post Christopher_R  
      Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
      166 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post sidlercom80