What version of MB Trading Nav for NT7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What version of MB Trading Nav for NT7

Hi, I have a live account with MB Trading UK. What version of MB Trading Navigator software do I need to connect my live NT7?

Also do I need to have MBT Navigator opened when I am using NT7?

Thanks..........

silverpuma, it would depend which NT7 version you're running here, the 2 versions possible are listed in this guide - http://www.ninjatrader.com/Connectio...tion-Guide.php (it includes the download link as well).

Don't open the Navigator separately, let NT does this as it connects, just choose to 'load the MBT Nav window' as part of your account connection options.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

You'll find that running the latest release 7.0.1000.7 in conjuction with the recommended DeskTop version 11.8.0.38 solves some issues we were having with MB Trading and tick data collection and storage in the database.

I highly recommend using the latest release if you will be getting your data from MB Trading.

Comment

Ok I have been able to get my MB Trading and NT working and connected.

But on the Jpy pairs I'm getting the wrong $ values it is showing for example $79.12 in profit where it should be $7.91. It is a decimal point issue how do I change this? Do I need to make this change for every pair that the jpy is in?

Thanks in advance.....................;-)

Comment

Hello,

Are the ticks the correct size, it is just the PnL that is incorrect? Are these live or simulation orders?

What was the order qty you used, regular, mini or micro lot? (e.g., 0.1M, .01M, .001M)
          MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Matthew View Post
            Hello,

Are the ticks the correct size, it is just the PnL that is incorrect? Are these live or simulation orders?

What was the order qty you used, regular, mini or micro lot? (e.g., 0.1M, .01M, .001M)
            Sim but live tomorrow if I can get this sorted

0.01M see screenshot.

Pips are shown correctly in chart-trader but not PnL
            Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for the screen shot. The pips are being calculated correctly.

Is the PnL correct on a USD based pair?

When trading non-USD based pairs, you will need to ensure you have data streaming for the related USD conversion pairs prior to placing these orders. This would be required for required for accurate PnL reporting.

Pleaes try loading a JPYUSD and EURUSD pairs in another window like a Market Analyzer for the PnL to be calculated correctly moving forward.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for the screen shot. The pips are being calculated correctly.

Is the PnL correct on a USD based pair?

When trading non-USD based pairs, you will need to ensure you have data streaming for the related USD conversion pairs prior to placing these orders. This would be required for required for accurate PnL reporting.

Pleaes try loading a JPYUSD and EURUSD pairs in another window like a Market Analyzer for the PnL to be calculated correctly moving forward.
                On the eur/usd or gbp/usd everything is fine its only on pairs which have the jpy in them.

I tried usd/jpy but its is wrong. I had a 0.1M size but each pip is $10 not $1

Sorry but I don't understand what you mean by.....

Pleaes try loading a JPYUSD and EURUSD pairs in another window like a Market Analyzer for the PnL to be calculated correctly moving forward
                I had assumed that there would be some way in NT on all the pairs that are giving me the incorrect PnL to change the pip/decimal value so this would be corrected?

Comment

NinjaTrader needs data for the corresponding cross pair to convert this to USD correctly for the PnL in USD

You would not be able to correct the PnL value on the previously executed trades, however as long as you have streaming data for these calculations, you should see the correct PnL reported moving forward.

Comment

NinjaTrader needs data for the corresponding cross pair to convert this to USD correctly for the PnL in USD

You would not be able to correct the PnL value on the previously executed trades, however as long as you have streaming data for these calculations, you should see the correct PnL reported moving forward.
                    mmmmh, It must be my grey hair and the 1.5 brain cells haveLOL.

I read your reply, but what do I change? As I noted above the usd/jpy is still incorrect. I'm not worried about old trades these are finished. I'm concerned when trading live and the PnL is wrong. I have streaming data for all 20 pairs and all this seems fine but again I say the jpy ones are not handling the PnL correctly. I need to change something for these to work. What do I change?

Comment

Were these pairs streaming in the Market Analyzer before you entered this position?

Comment

No. But are you saying that I must have the Market Analyzer running before I enter my trades or the PnL on the jpy pairs will be incorrect? I traded futures with VFM and never had the MA on I never used it.

Comment

Hello,

Yes, with non USD based pairs, you must have the corresponding cross pair data streaming in NinjaTrader for the PnL to calculate correctly.

This would not be true on any USD based pairs or futures as futures are using USD to calculate and there is no cross conversation that needs to take place.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by Lumbeezl, 01-11-2022, 06:50 PM
                          31 responses
                          1 like
                          Last Post NinjaTrader_Adrian  
                          Started by xiinteractive, 04-09-2024, 08:08 AM
                          5 responses
                          0 likes