Saving Template from a chart should default to current

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saving Template from a chart should default to current

If a chart has had a template loaded then there should be a menu option that says 'Save' (in addition to 'Save As'). 'Save As' implies what you are saving is new or you are changing the name. 'Save' means save what is current. This is an accepted convention in windows.

Sometimes, when I am experimenting with different templates and I finally find the one I want, change it and try to save it, I now have to remember which one I was working on because the list is defaulted to the first template alphabetically. Ninja already knows which one was loaded so it should allow me to just 'Save' it.

Thanks,
    Gary

Hello Gary,

I will forward your suggestion to our development team and ask them if they can add this to the list of future considerations for the software.

Thank you for taking time to post your feedback.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by GaryAlbers View Post
      If a chart has had a template loaded then there should be a menu option that says 'Save' (in addition to 'Save As'). 'Save As' implies what you are saving is new or you are changing the name. 'Save' means save what is current. This is an accepted convention in windows.

Sometimes, when I am experimenting with different templates and I finally find the one I want, change it and try to save it, I now have to remember which one I was working on because the list is defaulted to the first template alphabetically. Ninja already knows which one was loaded so it should allow me to just 'Save' it.

Thanks,
      Gary
      Gary,

I was just going to post this request. let me add my voice to yours.

I agree, NT should default to the last template saved. What a pain in the backside having to keep reselecting each template everytime you want to save changes.

One more thing NT could either answer or fix. When a template is in use, wouldn't it be nice if its name was displayed somewhere.
      You can display the indicators defined in the template with the popup box. Couldn't you add a field in this box with the template name, or put the template name on the main display somewhere?

Better yet, put it in both places.

Thanks for listening,

RJay
      RJay
      NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Innovative Trading Solutions

Comment

Hello Rjay,

I will forward your suggestion to reflect the template name in the chart to our development team as well and ask them if they can add this to the list of future considerations for the software.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Perr0Grande, Today, 08:16 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Perr0Grande  
        Started by elderan, Today, 08:03 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes