Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Renko Bars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello,

Documents>NinjaTrader 6.5>bin>Custom>Indicator. However it is always best to post indicators and strategies in a zip file via File>Utilities>Export.
    DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

it's a chart type, not an indicator or strategy. When Ninja allows export of such I'll export through Ninja.

As to where it goes, quite frankly, people really shoudn't be messing around in there unless the have an idea of what they are doing.

Given that it is a prototype and not any kind of finished product, I'd rather not encourage people.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks Newshues, and good advice.
        DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Ben View Post
          Documents>NinjaTrader 6.5>bin>Custom>Indicator. However it is always best to post indicators and strategies in a zip file via File>Utilities>Export.
          thank you Ben for your Support,

I have copied the file as described in the folder but where i can see it? I don´t see it in the indicator menu, also not in the format data menu and not in the properties menu.

I´m very interesting in alternative bartypes, so i hope anyone can help?

Thx in advance

Comment

Open up any file and hit F5 to compile all your NinjaScript files, does it show up afterwards as selectable?

If you refer to the first post by roonius, please copy the chart type *.cs file to this folder - MyDocuments\NinjaTrader 6.5\bin\Custom\Type

Then do the 'compile' suggestion...
            Last edited by NinjaTrader_Bertrand; 02-09-2009, 05:30 AM.
            BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
              Open up any file and hit F5 to compile all your NinjaScript files, does it show up afterwards as selectable?
              thanks Bertrand,

by pressing F5 i get the following error message:

btw. do have other users the same problem?
              Attached Files

Comment

Check if you also copied it in MyDocuments\NinjaTrader 6.5\bin\Custom\Indicator

Then delete it from there and try to recompile.
                BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi
                  What the difference between roonius version and your version Newshues?
                  Thanks

Comment

wicks and tails.

Basically just showing the path price took to get to a new block.

At the highs and lows this incarnation isn't "clean" in that a tail/wick can be twice the size of a block which, to be honest, is quite tradable for one style of trading.

Cleaner tops/bottoms would be quite tradable for another style of trading, a style a bit more to my liking.

It's about finding what works for the trader, not a generic one size fits all solution. Regular renko blocks are quite tradable as they are, I'm just more comfortable with the tails/wicks included.

Comment

can someone finish newshue's modification so that the turns are correct. I like improvements of the wick, and the current updating bar which aligns with the current updating volume. However, currently the turns are not correct where there are adjacent bars which should be diagonal.

Is the Renko version that comes with NT7 going to be any different from Roonius version? If it is, can I get a copy of the .cs file so I can learn from that, and maybe fix the current Renko to my liking.

Is there a way to use Print() or Log() on the working with chart type? If so, maybe I can figure it out on how to fix NewShue's renko.

Thanks.

Comment

Nevermind

Nevermind my previous post. After slaving all day I think I've figured it out. There is still one part that isn't perfect which is when price turn. It is showing the open in a traditional style, rather than in a Renko style. I couldn't figure that part out, but it is only minor cosmetic issue, and perhaps is a plus.

This image is what I have so far, which I plan to test out for a little bit before releasing it.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Here it is:
                          http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/...id=210&catid=1

Comment

Originally posted by edsfreedom View Post
                            edsfreedom,

Thanks for sharing - good work. I downloaded the file from the file sharing section but unfortunately your version replaced the previous renko version (roonius). Can you please fix that so to be able to have both versions for comparison? Many thanks again.

astra

Comment

Thanks for sharing. After importing it, I could not see EdsRenko in the dropdown list, any idea? The original one Renko is still there since no wicks are present in its chart. Thanks!

Originally posted by edsfreedom View Post

Comment

I will look into both of these issues now, hopefully i can figure it out.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by TraderBCL, Today, 04:38 AM
                                2 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post TraderBCL  
                                Started by martin70, 03-24-2023, 04:58 AM
                                14 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post martin70