Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Renko Bars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bertrand, now it works, it was my mistake: I did not select correctly the session template.
    Thank you very much
    Martin

Comment

Cant get correct size Renko Bars for version 7

Hi Guys,

My first day with Ninja and the board. I am trying to get regular small renko bars and when I go to the period field and put in renko and 4 (I want 4 ticks per box) or tick and 4 and the bars are way too long as well. I change to ticks with a 4 point value and that doesn't help either. Now this is the simulator I am using now. I need directions for both the sim and real time. I pray they are the same as I know nothing about coding.

thanks, fellas.

Comment

daytrader50, welcome to our forums here - what market / contract are you simulating here? 4 ticks would equal for example a point bar size if you used the popular ES 12-11 contract as example.
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Trading the NQ

I am trading the most current NQ contract. Id like 4 tick renko bars. Thats 1 point, yes? But each instrument will be a different setting, isnt there a general way to set this and then change it for each instrument I choose? Seems if I am choosing renko from the drop down box, I should get boxes not long bars, correct? -)

thanks.

Comment

Correct, that's 4 then as well what you would need to input - this will vary of course across instruments and you would need to get a feel for which instruments / range you would use which Renko chart intervals. I'm sorry but I don't follow on your second comment - can you post a screenshot please of the Renko chart you got so we could look into? It would display as box style per default and could not be changed.

Comment

Could someone please explain when the Add being called in a bar type? Is it on each tick?

Comment

Originally posted by maxima View Post
                Could someone please explain when the Add being called in a bar type? Is it on each tick?
                maxima, the Add() call goes into the Initialize() of your script.

You can then later check in your OnBarUpdate() from which bars object it's called via BarsInProgress.

Comment

thank you. but it was question to the users rather as you dont support this.

Add in the BarsType I meant.

Comment

Renko r jay

I recently purchased R JAYS RENKO Charts but I cannot figure out how to load on NT8.
                    I got instructions from RJ but I do not fully understand . I placed the download in DOC/MY DOC/NT8/WORKSPACE.

That's is as far as I got .Can someone offer help

Comment

Originally posted by Tinman362 View Post
                      I recently purchased R JAYS RENKO Charts but I cannot figure out how to load on NT8.
                      I got instructions from RJ but I do not fully understand . I placed the download in DOC/MY DOC/NT8/WORKSPACE.

That's is as far as I got .Can someone offer help
                      I am trying to contact you directly. Please respond to my email.
                      RJay
                      NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Innovative Trading Solutions

Comment

Renko r jay

R JAY called me and hooked me up great service thanks JZ

Comment

Customize brick size (shape)

Does anyone know how to customize Renko bars to different criteria.

A 14 tick bar shape which creates a new bar with a 4 tick move in the same direction but a 20 tick move in the opposite direction.

This would help eliminate A LOT of whipsaw!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by nandhumca, Today, 03:41 PM
                          0 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post nandhumca  
                          Started by The_Sec, Today, 03:37 PM
                          0 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post The_Sec