Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ruler

Hi Guys

The new ruler is great but there is a slightly annoying part to it that forces you to have to choose the data series on the chart every time you want to take a measurement. This seems an unnecessary step when one only has one data series on the chart. Furthermore when one changes the chart property to turn off the "Allow the selection of Drag/Drop Chart Series", the ruler is then unusable as one cannot first select the data series.

I would prefer to operate in this mode constantly as the data series selection markers can be quite annoying when I'm trying to select various draw objects on the chart and i keep getting the data series being highlighted instead of grabbing the object.

Ross

Thanks for your feedback on usage...Will look into it...The selection is of course necessary when there are more than two series on the chart, indicator or data. I see your point though.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

This would make it much easier to use, and I would be fine if the default was to measure the first series, and I had to change it to measure something else.

It would be nice if this could be set when calling a hot key as well. Two options: draw ruler - uses default series, and draw ruler for series - which would allow series to be selected.

Comment

We have implemented a change that objects can be selectable even if you have object selection disabled. We are looking into the other suggestion of removing the selection requirement when only one series exists on a panel.
        RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi !

We also implemented your 2nd suggestion, if only one series is on chart, this is auto selected and the ruler starts drawing immediately.

Kind regards,
          Christian
          ChristianSenior Software Developer

Comment

That's great, thank you very much.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by cre8able, Yesterday, 04:22 PM
            1 response
            0 likes