Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connecting and Charts Go Dark?

Hi:

I am connecting CQG and then MBTrading. I have strategies running and do not desire to shutdown and restart.

Here is what happened:

1. I wanted to check some stocks (individual stocks) real quick.
    2. I connected to my TOS (thinkorswim/TD Amertitrade) acct.
    3. Went to AAPl and if gave a error that it could not be loaded.
    4. Chart went dark (nothing shown but a background).
    5. I disconnected TOS (TD Amertitrade).
    6. Went to a normal futures contract and or FOREX pair.
    7. STILL...charts are dark (it shows they load BUT the chart does not display)
    8. How do I get the charts to display again for my futures and forex paris (both went dark)?
    9. I tried "reloading historical data and also restarting Ninjascript in chart properties)...still nothing.
    10. My strategies are still working fine and functioning. All data is streaming to the market analyzer and all CQG and MBT is showing GREEN.

How can I fix without restarting?

What causes this and how can I prevent it in the future?

Thanks . . .

Hello birdog,

Thank you for your post.

Please detail the error message received when connected to TD Ameritrade in NinjaTrader. This should also be listed on the Log tab of the NinjaTrader Control Center.

Comment

Hi @PatrickH

Here are all the default and connection category messages from today. Top is the most recent. Please see attached.

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickH View Post
      Hello birdog,

Thank you for your post.

Please detail the error message received when connected to TD Ameritrade in NinjaTrader. This should also be listed on the Log tab of the NinjaTrader Control Center.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello birdog,

Thank you for your response.

This would indicate the server that NinjaTrader connected to through the TD Ameritrade connection did not have the requested data. NinjaTrader has no control over the server that you connect to with the TD Ameritrade connection.

However, this should not effect the CQG or MB Trading connections. Were the CQG and MB Trading connections connected during the time you connected and disconnected from TD Ameritrade? And they were in the order (left to right) of CQG and then MB Trading, correct?

Comment

Yes. The were always connected and in the order of CQG, MBT, and then TDA. I just connected TDA real quick to check some stocks against some charts I have. I use to do this all the time with no issues with TDA. The charts usually load fine.

Additionally, this is certainly the first time it has had a effect on my futures and forex charts as well.

So, the only variable is connecting to or disconnecting from TDA (that is it).

Comment

Hello birdog,

I would need to take a closer look at this to provide a reason this occurred, but just to clarify it would not be expected. If you would like I can review your log and trace files. You can send me your log and trace files by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Support.

Please place 'ATTN: Patrick - 1059537' in the subject line and reference this thread in the body of the email: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ad.php?t=65517

Comment

Hi Brandon,

Yea. I just did the below. Please let me know you received. Thanks.

I sent a copy to myself and it went to spam (just FYI)...but I did get it.

Hello birdog,

I would need to take a closer look at this to provide a reason this occurred, but just to clarify it would not be expected. If you would like I can review your log and trace files. You can send me your log and trace files by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Support.

Please place 'ATTN: Patrick - 1059537' in the subject line and reference this thread in the body of the email: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ad.php?t=65517

Comment

Hello birdog,

Thank you for sending in those files.

From your Trace file I am finding exceptions caught during the two times you attempted to connect and download data from TD Ameritrade. The two exceptions are listed below and are related to the installation of NinjaTrader:
                2014-04-21 09:37:04:702 in OnUnhandledThreadException
                2014-04-21 09:37:04:722 *************** unhandled exception trapped ***************
                2014-04-21 09:37:04:722 Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                2014-04-21 09:37:04:722 at NinjaTrader.Indicator.ToggleButton.OnMouseEnter(Ob ject sender, EventArgs e)
                2014-04-21 09:39:05:724 in OnUnhandledThreadException
                2014-04-21 09:39:05:728 *************** unhandled exception trapped ***************
                2014-04-21 09:39:05:728 From-date (8/8/2013 12:00:00 AM) must to be smaller than to-date (1/1/1800 12:00:00 AM)
                2014-04-21 09:39:05:728 at NinjaTrader.Cbi.Instrument.RequestBars(Connection connection, Period period, DateTime fromDate, DateTime toDate, Boolean splitAdjusted, Boolean dividendAdjusted, Boolean rollOverAdjusted, LookupPolicy lookupPolicy, BarUpdateEventHandler barUpdateDelegate, Object customLink, Session session, DateTime lastSessionEndTime, DateTime lastValidDateOfContract, String sessionInfo, DateTime earliestPoolTimeNonIntraday, Instrument requestedInstrument, Boolean isHistRequest, Boolean isMergingContracts)
                To resolve this matter please uninstall and reinstall NinjaTrader using the instructions below. You will not lose your settings or files by following these instructions:
                1. Close all running applications.
                2. Then from the Start menu select --> Control Panel --> Add and Remove Programs.
                3. From Add and Remove Programs select NinjaTrader 7 and click Remove.
                4. Reboot your machine.
                5. Once these steps are completed, download NT7 from the following link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/download-registration.php

Please let us know if you are able to get up and running after the reinstall.

Comment

Hi @PatrickH

You are saying files and settings will not be removed or effected. Ok.

Just to be sure, though, is there anything whatsoever that would be changed or effected by any means at all?

I remember doing something similar to this before in the past. A rep assured me that nothing would be lost but I lost everything.

I am a little nervous about it.

Of course, I will go ahead and backup and then restore to another machine to be absolutely sure everything is the way I need it (it case of a failure).

I hate doing stuff like that . . . smile . . . lol

I will try it. Please let me know about this though first:

Reiterate: Just to be sure, though, is there anything whatsoever that would be changed or effected by any means at all?

Comment

Hello birdog,

Your settings and files are stored in (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7, as long as this folder is not deleted you settings and files will remain. The uninstall process does not delete or remove these files or settings. Make sure not to delete this folder.

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

Hi PatrickH,

Ok. I did the below. It still had the error.

However, I found out that if I connect CQG>TOS>and then MBT (LAST), then futures, stocks, and forex seem to work fine. Also if I connect TOS>CQG> and then MBT (LAST), then stocks, futures, and forex again seem to work fine.

Here are connection orders that seem to work fine:

CQG>TOS>MBT (MBT being last)
                        TOS>CQG>MBT (MBT being last)
                        ...probably other connection orders with different providers too etc.

The problem seem to come up if MBT is ever NOT LAST in the connection process. That is when the errors come up. Also, if it is first their seems to be errors. Here are the connection orders that give errors:

MBT>CQG>TOS
                        MBT>TOS>CQG
                        CQG>MBT>TOS
                        TOS>MBT>CQG
                        ...probably other connection orders with different providers too etc...

I recommend a thorough testing of all these connection orders for not only these but others to find out where the issues are.

Hope this helps you as well . . .

As long as I connect in the above order with MBT being last all seem to work.

Hello birdog,

Thank you for sending in those files.

From your Trace file I am finding exceptions caught during the two times you attempted to connect and download data from TD Ameritrade. The two exceptions are listed below and are related to the installation of NinjaTrader:

To resolve this matter please uninstall and reinstall NinjaTrader using the instructions below. You will not lose your settings or files by following these instructions:
                        1. Close all running applications.
                        2. Then from the Start menu select --> Control Panel --> Add and Remove Programs.
                        3. From Add and Remove Programs select NinjaTrader 7 and click Remove.
                        4. Reboot your machine.
                        5. Once these steps are completed, download NT7 from the following link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/download-registration.php

Please let us know if you are able to get up and running after the reinstall.

Comment

Hello birdog,

Thank you for that additional information.

This would not be expected behavior. It is likely the trace file is still catching exceptions when this occurs. What version of MBT Navigator are you using?

Comment

Hi @PatrickH

Hmmm...

Yea, it actually did it again even after I posted the last update here having the order connection CQG>TOS, and then MBT or TOS>CQG, and the MBT too just FYI.

My MBT version is 11.9.0.44 (that was in the Connection Guide when I last updated). Has it changed?

Hello birdog,

Thank you for that additional information.

This would not be expected behavior. It is likely the trace file is still catching exceptions when this occurs. What version of MBT Navigator are you using?

Comment

Hello birdog,

That is the correct version of MB Trading Navigator. Please send me your log and trace files again by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Support.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
                              11 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post xiinteractive  
                              Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred