Importing Indicators Errors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Importing Indicators Errors

When I import some custom indicators into NT7 I get the following error message. "You have custom NinjaScript files on your PC that have programming errors. These errors must be resolved before you can import a NinjaScript Archive file." Looking at the other threads I learned to go into documents and the bin folder and deleted the only custom indicator I saw. However, this did not seem to resolve the problem. What do I try now?

Hello

Welcome to the NinjaTrader Support Forums!

Please follow the instructions below to see where the errors are coming from after compiling the indicator. This will allow you to debug the indicator/strategy or remove it from your PC. If you are wondering why you receive an error when compiling only one indicator, it is because NinjaTrader compiles all indicators and strategies- not just one.

1. Open NinjaTrader
    2. From the Control Center select the Tools menu--> select the Edit NinjaScript menu item--> select Indicator
    3. Select an indicator and double click on it.
    4. A new window will appear and you will need to right click in the window and select Compile to compile the indicators.
    5. At the bottom of the window a new section will appear were you can find the error locations.

From there you have the option to remove the indicator or debug it.

More information regarding debugging can be found at the link below:
    ChipNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

More

Thanks for the help so far. Before I heard from you I had deleted the custom indicator, so I tried this procedure on the indicators one gets from Ninja. For example, when I clicked to compile the MACD indicator, I got the an error message. In addition, right clicking on one of the indicators showed a list of errors. In checking other support documents, I was under the impression that this could be fixed by adding the proper reference. However, there must be a quicker way than to add the plus 100 references, most of which, I don't know waht they are.

So is it possible to download and re-install NT7 and then add my custom indicators again?

Comment

Hello syncopat,

Yes, you can use the following workaround. Note that you will lose all custom and 3rd party indicators/strategies.

Create a backup file with 'NinjaScript files' unchecked(!).

Uninstall NinjaTrader via the Windows Control Panel-->Add/Remove Programs (XP), Programs and Features (Vista).

Delete the My Documents-->NinjaTrader 7 folder. Do not delete the NinjaTrader backup folder(!).

Clear your browser cache and download and install NinjaTrader 7 at the link below.

Restore your settings and you should be able to import new NinjaScript files again.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by BarzTrading, Today, 07:25 AM
        2 responses
        1 like
        Last Post BarzTrading  
        Started by devatechnologies, 04-14-2024, 02:58 PM
        3 responses
        0 likes