Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

I will Develop your Indicator or Strategy for FREE

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by westcoastjoe View Post
    Hi Michel,

Thanks for helping out.

On StockCharts one can have black background, with Bollinger Bands in different colors covering an area within the bands, at different opacity. I love the look.

It seems that Ninjatrader with black background won't show colors inside the Bollinger Bands. It just shows the lines for the bands, with just the black color as background.

I am trying to do this with the "Bollinger_TripleState_v4" indicator from the Version 7 Indicator page.

This is how the indicator looks with light colored background. The colors do not show with black background.

Thank you,

Joseph

PS There may be a way to do this without writing new code? Don't know. Any ideas, anyone? Members? Customer Service?

It works here. (I only changed the SMA line color to green to see it instead of black).

Do you have enough colors on your video card? 32k vs 16k enabled?

Is your graphics driver up to date?

With NVIDIA, there is a digital vibrance enhancer, which may help you see the colors more vibrantly.

You might also try adjusting your colors on your monitor.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by sledge View Post
      It works here. (I only changed the SMA line color to green to see it instead of black).

Do you have enough colors on your video card? 32k vs 16k enabled?

Is your graphics driver up to date?

With NVIDIA, there is a digital vibrance enhancer, which may help you see the colors more vibrantly.

You might also try adjusting your colors on your monitor.

Also, within the indicator code, there is the DrawRegion command. Changing these lines of code,and recompiling the indicator should help you see the color better

areaOpacity
      Sets the level of transparency for the fill color. Valid values between 0 - 10. (0 = completely transparent, 10 = no opacity)

DrawRegion("reg" + CurrentBar, 1, 0, Upper , Lower, Color.Empty, Color.Red, 4);
      DrawRegion("reg" + CurrentBar, 1, 0, Upper , Lower, Color.Empty, Color.Navy, 3);
      DrawRegion("reg" + CurrentBar, 1, 0, Upper , Lower, Color.Empty, Color.Yellow, 2);

In the sample image, those are the #s I used to test. 3 might work best, or you might need level 4.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by sledge View Post
        Also, within the indicator code, there is the DrawRegion command. Changing these lines of code,and recompiling the indicator should help you see the color better

areaOpacity
        Sets the level of transparency for the fill color. Valid values between 0 - 10. (0 = completely transparent, 10 = no opacity)

DrawRegion("reg" + CurrentBar, 1, 0, Upper , Lower, Color.Empty, Color.Red, 4);
        DrawRegion("reg" + CurrentBar, 1, 0, Upper , Lower, Color.Empty, Color.Navy, 3);
        DrawRegion("reg" + CurrentBar, 1, 0, Upper , Lower, Color.Empty, Color.Yellow, 2);

In the sample image, those are the #s I used to test. 3 might work best, or you might need level 4.
        Thanks, sledge. Will check it out tomorrow. It looks like you have found some solutions. Will inform you of my results when I have tried to incorporate your ideas.

Joseph

Comment

Hi Michael (and other Programmer),

I have been searching for an indicator which tells me the target 1 & 2 as a hard code text on my chart whenever a buy or sell signal is generated.

I have been using "Supertrend V2.4" for buy & sell signal and it provides me the stoploss. However, the where to exit in profit is missing. I have the code for Amibroker (AFL code), Micheal (and others) can you pls convert it for me into NT code? Would be a great help!

Thanks, looking for a positive reply!

Comment

Originally posted by westcoastjoe View Post
            Thanks, sledge. Will check it out tomorrow. It looks like you have found some solutions. Will inform you of my results when I have tried to incorporate your ideas.

Joseph
            Worked like a charm, sledge. Thanks ...

Comment

Cycle Progression

Hello

Could you please code this Metastock formula to Ninja Trader?

Sum(If(C>Ref(C,-1),1,0),5)<Sum(If(C<Ref(C,-1),1,0),5)

Sum(If(C>Ref(C,-1),1,0),5)>Sum(If(C<Ref(C,-1),1,0),5)

Someone explained:

1. If(C>Ref(C,-1),1,0) - If current close is greater than previous close then 1 else zero.
              2. Sum of 1 for last 5 periods (i.e. sum of either 1 or 0 from point 1 result)
              3. If(C<Ref(C,-1),1,0) - If current close is less than previous close then 1 else zero
              4. Sum of 3 for last 5 periods (i.e. sum of either 1 or 0 from point 3 result)
              Then
              check if 2 < 4 or 2 > 4

Thanks

Comment

Hey Michel,

My request is a little different. I am wondering if you code strategies as well?

I use an ATM strategy, and I'd like to be able to backtest it. It doesn't seem like it would be hard to do, but a thourough knowledge of coding will be needed, I think, and that's something I don't possess.

You may not be looking for this kind of practice, but if you are I'd be much obliged if you'd help!

Sincerely,
                arichpiano

Comment

ADX that changes color

Originally posted by michel View Post
                  Hi everybody
                  I am new to NinjaTrader but i have been developing indicators for tradestation for 6 years
                  I'm still getting familliar with Ninja and i need the practice so i will develop strategies for free

Note that I wont be taking over complicated requests. keep it simple and clean. if there are too many requests i will take my pick as to which ones i do

happy trading

Regards,
                  Michel
                  www.fxcteam.com
                  Good day Michel,
                  I am new to Ninja also. I was looking for a simply ADX, just like the one that comes with Ninja, one that the color of the line would change when the line pivots.

And the other is the ability to place several studies of an indicator(s) on another indicator in the same pane. I've tried within Ninja and the scale of one indicator seems to skew the whole study. Ex: having an ADX of say a 1Hr chart, then have a CCI study the ADX indicator on 15min chart and a MACD study the ADX of the 1min chart -- one the same pane. I know it is possible, but not being a programmer, i am stuck with dragging and dropping from the standard toolkit of the Ninja platform.

You assistance is greatly appreciated. -K

Comment

Automated Support &amp; Resistance

Can you create an indicator that automatically creates Support and Resistance levels for any chart or time frame?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by dizzle View Post
                      Can you create an indicator that automatically creates Support and Resistance levels for any chart or time frame?

Thanks
                      How are you defining "support" and "resistance" ?

Comment

dizzle,

Here are two you can try
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by garciaal View Post
                          dizzle,

Here are two you can try
                          Both of those seem to claim to be drawing support and resistance based on the highest and lowest bars over a set period, triggered by a turn in a moving average. If they do plot support and resistance, what is it then that you seek? I mean what behavior are you looking for that these 2 scripts do not present?

Comment

Indiacator

Hi,
                            Thank you for your offer.
                            I would like to make an indicator using:
                            1. EMA_Slope_Color indicator: turns red in down turn and Green in up trend. solid line
                            2. Rising Linear Regression 14: red falling and green rising.: + sign
                            3. RMi 14, Green dash when rising and Red Dash falling.

I have attached an image of these 3 indicators on panel 2, on a 20 range chart.
                            If you can make this so it looks the same as my chart, so the Rmi is above the Lin Regression etc. and when the Rmi and Lin Regression are both Green the bars turn green and when both are red the bars turn red? That would be great, if you can add a sound alert even better. But the rmi has to be above the Lin Reg for green and below Lin Reg for red.

Thank you and hope you can do this,

Rachel

I have written a strategy for it but I would like an indicator.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Hi sledge,
                              can't get that drawregion thing working without errors, how did you exactly?

Comment

Stochastic Indicator?

Hi

I am fairly new have been using Ninjatrader about 6 months. Was wondering if there is a custom indicator where you could combine 3 stochastic indicators into one (you would still have a line for each stochastic, but just one panel - not three).

Thanks for you help.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by Radano, 06-10-2021, 01:40 AM
                                19 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post Radano
                                by Radano

Started by KenneGaray, Today, 03:48 AM
                                0 responses