Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indicators disappearing in Market Replay

Hi guys

I've found that some (but not all) indicators, esp. studies, disappear where I switch from Kinetick Realtime to Market Replay mode. I haven't notice this happen before.

There are 3 third party studies (not all from the same source) that this applies to. Please see image. You will see that, although the panels with the names of the functions are there, the indicators are not.

When I return to Kinetick Realtime, the problem disappears.

Any advice gratefully received. Thanks.

Click image for larger version

Name:	^DJIA No studies in Market Replay sep 12.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	150.0 KB
ID:	898876

Hi arbuthnot,

Thanks for your post.

I'd expect that this would relate to the amount of historical data required by the indicators. What I'd recommend is that you first contact the vendor of these indicators to ask how many bars/days of data the indicators would require for their calculations. Once you know this, you'll want to load historical data from the replay date moving backwards.

For example, let's assume that an indicator requires 3 days of data in order to calculate and that you're replaying 8/31/2012 - you would want to load historical data from 8/28 on, then reconnect and replay.

Once you have the required historical data set in place, the indicators should function during replay.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Kyle - thanks very much for your quick reply.

Thanks for the suggestion but there is easily enough time on the charts for the indicators to work properly.

However, since sending my first post, I've noticed further problems on another chart even in Realtime mode.

In the image below, you'll see that the chart has three instrument panels for EURUSD 1) 10m 2) 12 Range and 3) 12 Ticks.

Charts in panels 2 and 3 don't appear so the problem is not one just affecting indicators. There's obviously a deeper problem.

Thanks for your further help with this.

Click image for larger version

Name:	EURUSD Two panels empty sep 12.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	188.2 KB
ID:	865961

Comment

Hi,

I'd recommend contacting the vendor/developer of your indicators regarding this market replay issue in this case. It's possible the indicators do not function with replay data.

In terms of the other data series in the chart, how many days of data are being requested?
        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by i019945nj, 12-14-2023, 06:41 AM
        7 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
        Started by timmbbo, 07-05-2023, 10:21 PM
        4 responses
        0 likes