Volume levels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Volume levels

Is there a way to adjust the volume within NT itself? I find that the "order filled" voice (etc.) is much louder than my background sounds, such as chat room environments, skype, etc,

Sorry no. You would need to adjust the sound level in your PC.

Comment

You can also modify the existing sound with sound editing software.

Cliff

Comment

True, but it will be overwritten on next NT update plus the installer eventually might detect that an installation file changed and will update that back to default. We do not recommend that.

Comment

Dierk

ok, understand the overlay issue but didn't know about the installer issue.

Cliff

Comment

The installer checks for for file consistency (to some extend). This is a standard Microsoft MSI installer feature. This could make the installer restoring corrupted files (detected by some logic).

It might or might not work for sound files. For that reason we do not recommend changing any (!) file in <program files>/NinjaTrader6.

Comment

Thread's a little old but as I did not find a solution elsewhere I thought I'd post my fix.

As it seems you can modify the NT WAV files with an audio editor - only keep a copy of your work in case the NT installer overwrites (your) files.

Sorry for intruding (if) but I ran across exactly the same issue when starting on NT, and adjusting the vol at system level does not work for me as it renders other sources of sound too low, so I had to patch the files because sounds were just too brutal.

A suggestion - without having NT to become an audio control center: why don't you folks just offer different sets of WAV files at install time - for me a 20dB level reduction and all is fine.

tb

Comment

Thanks for your suggestion. We'll add it to the list of future considerations.

Note: We recommend NOT manipulating any of the NT installer files.

Comment

Would it be possible in a future upgrade to move the sound files to ...My Documents/NinjaTrader 6.5/.. then we could add new sound files or modify existing ones without impacting the installation files?

Comment

Thanks for your suggestion. We'll add it to the list of future considerations.

Comment

Being able to add custom sounds would be awesome-

It would be great to be able to differentiate which chart an alert was firing from. I would love to make my own and either have them user selectable or just "hard code" the reference .wav file to a specific Price Alert indicator (for example my voice saying "TICK above 1000" instead of just a standard beep).

Comment

Adding another vote for the ability to choose custom wav files. I'm starting to cringe every time I hear those high volume voice sounds for order fills.

Comment

Another vigorous vote for sound control. There ought to be an overall NT volume button and also a way to turn alerts on and off for indicators on a chart.

The NT sounds are much, much louder than other sounds so they scream out at me if I want to hear the other sounds at all.

Also, some hard coded indicators have sounds I don't want to hear but have no way to turn off.

Thanks.

Comment

>> Also, some hard coded indicators have sounds I don't want to hear but have no way to turn off.
                            Which ones in particular?

Comment

Not NT supplied indicators, but provided by other suppliers to me.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Mizzouman1, Today, 07:35 AM
                              4 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Mizzouman1  
                              Started by philmg, Today, 01:17 PM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ