NT unresponsive after running Market Replay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT unresponsive after running Market Replay

After running NT Market Replay for the first time, NT began acting sluggishly. I rebooted the program and went back to Live connection. The Market Analyzer is now very sluggish and hangs up for about 15-30 Seconds before switching between instruments. Also, load up time after launching NT is noticeably longer. Some charts are grayed out for about 15-30 seconds before "waking up. Overall experiencing unacceptable performance and only after running Market Replay for the first time. Might be a coincidence but I have not experienced a single issue before initializing the replay. Also, I have never used any custom indicators or loaded any custom scripts or anything like that into NT. Here is some system specs. Not sure what is relevant and I can provide more info.

NT Version 64 Bit 7.0.1000.27(Live)

System Information
    ------------------
    Time of this report: 7/2/2015, 10:17:27
    Operating System: Windows 8.1 64-bit (6.3, Build 9600) (9600.winblue_r9.150322-1500)
    System Manufacturer: LENOVO
    System Model: 10120
    BIOS: I1KT34AUS
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4440 CPU @ 3.10GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.1GHz
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660
    Memory: 8192MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 8124MB RAM
    Page File: 3693MB used, 6222MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
    System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
    DxDiag Version: 6.03.9600.17415 64bit Unicode

Thank you,
    Greg

Hello gdleeah,
    Thank you for your post.

NinjaTrader does use data that is formatted differently than regular, real-time data price data, because of this, we do recommend using an alternative Workspace for use with Market Replay -- switching between can sometimes cause problems related to what you're experiencing.

You may also create a copy of your current workspace by opening it and then going to File > Workspace > Save Workspace As...

I suggest closing NinjaTrader and clearing your cache data. This will allow NinjaTrader to load fresh data into your workspace the next time you connect.

To clear the cache, please close NinjaTrader and navigate to the following directory:

* My Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Db

Delete the contents of the cache, tick, minute and day folders. Now, when you restart NinjaTrader and connect to your data feed, NinjaTrader will load new data.
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you, Eric.

The problem is largely resolved. However there is one instrument in particular that is still causing the same hang ups. I had deleted all of the data from the aforementioned folders. I had specifically downloaded data for this instrument through the historical data tool so I think that has something to do with it. Would the data for that one instrument be in a different folder and is there anywhere else that I would need to clear the data from? All other instruments are loading up perfectly.

Thanks!

Comment

Thank you for your reply, I'm glad to hear we were able to get this mostly working.

NinjaTrader doesn't store data in another location that may be causing this on a particular instrument. What instrument (and expiry if applicable) are you attempting to load?

Also, do you see the same behavior if you open a new chart to this instrument?

To test, please reset your instruments, this will ensure that the internal setting for the instruments are up-to-date with server specifications: Disconnect and go to the Tools menu, select the Options menu item, select the Data tab, and then click on 'Reset Instruments'.

You will need to close and restart NinjaTrader for the settings to take effect.
        Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hey Eric,

I am still having issues. I cleared all data again, reset instruments, closed and reopened each chart.

I have a market analyzer and three charts open simultaneously, displaying different time frames. The instrument in question is NZDUSD. I have tried loading it on a single, brand new chart and still get hang ups. For instance, if I toggle chart trader, the chart will gray out for about 30 seconds. If I load all three charts linked to the analyzer, each time I click NZDUSD there is a hangup. Like I said, I have tested every other instrument and they are perfect. I have also tested multiple other time frames on NZDUSD than I normally use. When a chart freezes, the Link button at the top becomes larger, which seems like an odd glitch. And also, when after a hangup, I cannot close NT without ending the task through OS ( I can still load other charts and the program isn't frozen, but the exit function does not work). All seems kinda strange. Would I be better off with a reinstall? Thanks for all your help.

Comment

Hello,
            Please send me your log and trace files so that we may investigate further.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Platform Support.

Please reference the following in the body of the email:http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ad.php?t=75859
            Cody B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by techgetgame, Yesterday, 11:42 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post techgetgame  
            Started by sephichapdson, Yesterday, 11:36 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes