Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stoploss - which is it?

Hello,

I´m wondering if it is not possible to show in chart-trader or in the chart where the script is running or more important in executions tab which stop is triggered. There is only to see "Stoploss". Even when in the code is ("from entry signal"...)!

Isn´t it possible to see which stoploss is triggered? Same as with targets?

Thank you
    Tony

Hello tonynt,

Thank you for your post.

When using SetStopLoss(), it will only list "Stop loss" as the name. There is no way to change that. If you want specific order names you need to use the Exit methods instead and list your own string for the signalName of the Exit method.

Comment

Hello Patrick,

thank you for your reply. Strange that this doesnt work like exits with (qty, signal, fromentrysignal).

OK, so when doing with exitlongstop/exitshortstop (I assume you mean this Iorder solution) I want to ask if there is any qualitative difference between a setstoploss and a exitlongstop (or exitshortstop)? So that setstoploss will be more "safe" or any other idea?

Thank you!

Tony

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickH View Post
      Hello tonynt,

Thank you for your post.

When using SetStopLoss(), it will only list "Stop loss" as the name. There is no way to change that. If you want specific order names you need to use the Exit methods instead and list your own string for the signalName of the Exit method.

Comment

Hello tonynt,

Thank you for your response.

The Set methods submit immediately upon the entry order fill. With using the Exit methods we then need to check in code when the entry order fills and then submit the orders.

Comment

Hello,

thank you for your reply. I dont understand what you mean. Can you pls give me a short example to get the idea, then I can adapt it for my codes.

Thank you
          Tony

Hello tonynt,

The Set methods submit immediately upon the entry order fill. With using the Exit methods we then need to check in code when the entry order fills and then submit the orders.

Comment

Originally posted by tonynt View Post
            Hello,

I´m wondering if it is not possible to show in chart-trader or in the chart where the script is running or more important in executions tab which stop is triggered. There is only to see "Stoploss". Even when in the code is ("from entry signal"...)!

Isn´t it possible to see which stoploss is triggered? Same as with targets?

Thank you
            Tony
            It's a bug in NT.

If you minimize chart trader and maximize it again you might see the stop loss on the chart. (I came across this during the last week or so).

If you right click and reload the historical data you should see it on the chart.

Who knows if this was on purpose to hide it.

Comment

Hello,

thank you for your reply. I didn´t mean this, I meant what to add in the code.

However, good to know what you found out.

Thanks
              Tony

Originally posted by sledge View Post
              It's a bug in NT.

If you minimize chart trader and maximize it again you might see the stop loss on the chart. (I came across this during the last week or so).

If you right click and reload the historical data you should see it on the chart.

Who knows if this was on purpose to hide it.

Comment

Hello tonynt,

To check in code when an entry fills and then submit an exit we would need to use OnExecution().

I would recommend reviewing the details at the following link: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...nexecution.htm

Comment

Hello,

thank you for your reply.

Yes, this is what I mean, and I had worked out this already in the past for me. But then in a thread there appeared the information that the setstoploss is more safe than the exitlongstop (exitshortstop). This is what my question was referring to.

Is there any advantage to use setstoploss instead exitlongstop?

Thank you
                  Tony

Hello tonynt,

To check in code when an entry fills and then submit an exit we would need to use OnExecution().

I would recommend reviewing the details at the following link: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...nexecution.htm
                  Last edited by tonynt; 07-02-2015, 02:35 PM. Reason: translating error

Comment

Hello tonynt,

Could you link the thread? I am unaware of such an item other than what I have detailed.

Hello tonynt,

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post jaybedreamin  
                    Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
                    6 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post DJ888